Dell EMC Cyber Resilient Solutions for Mainframe EnvironmentsIntel Innovation Built-in
Cyber Innovation + IBM Z Compatibility = Choice and Recoverability from cyber events
Cyber Resiliency and IBM compatibility enhancements for PowerMax 8000 and VMAX 950F
- Dell EMC space-efficient snap innovation fortifies data protection against cyber attacks while minimizing recovery time and recovery capacity
- Dell EMC storage uses two-actor security and zDP definition persistence for system security and integrity.
- IBM-compatible Transparent Cloud Tiering reduces CPU costs associated with HSM
Announcing Disk Library for mainframe (DLm) release 5.4
DLm now enables organizations to leverage Dell technologies PowerScale, Isilon storage, improving virtual tape TCO. DLm also:
- Unprecedented depth of snapshots to enhance cyber recovery and resiliency
- Support for Amazon AWS services for long term tape data storage, including AWS GovCloud.
- Multi-site failover using GDDR Tape with PowerScale
Dell EMC Mainframe Services and Solutions
Dell EMC offers a comprehensive suite of mainframe solutions and services to provide cyber resiliency, data protection, automated recovery and connectivity for your business backed by over 30 years of expertise.
Cyber Data Protection for mainframe data
Dell EMC SnapVX and zDP technology enables companies to restore DASD and virtual tape data in the event of a cyber attack while minimizing the amount of capacity and time required to do so.
- Dell EMC SnapVX and zDP technologies provides users with immediate access to point-in-time copies of data in the event of a cyber attack
- PowerMax DASD allows users to choose scheduling frequencies that match recovery requirements; as granular as every five minutes with an option to make some or all snapshots
- DLm virtual tape with Power Protect DD storage enables recovery of tape data following a cyber attack, undetected data corruption or human error. Retention lock technology secures tape volume snapshots
- Save time and expense by creating virtual cyber vaults as well as physical cyber vaults at the primary site, disaster recovery site, or a dedicated cyber recovery location
- Time to recover from a cyber event is minimized. Data snapshots are pointer-based and do not require data be copied, moved, or rebuilt using journals
Disk Library mainframe (DLm)
Dell EMC release 5.4 combines massive scalability, enhanced cloud integration built on the AWS S3 protocol, and IBM-compatible Transparent Cloud Tiering with enterprise class data protection and security for all mainframe workloads.
- This release adds support for PowerScale storage continuing Dell EMC's tradition of storage flexibility
- Supports IBM compatible Transparent Cloud
- S3 connectivity enables long term retention of tape data in the cloud
- GDDR Tape automated fail-over supports multiple DLm sites and enables control of multi-tenant environments
- PowerProtect DD deduplication provides market-leading capacity and replication bandwidth savings
PowerMax DASD for Mainframe
- Exclusive Dell EMC cyber data protection saves capacity while minimizing the time to recover from a cyber attack
- Leverage the z/OS System Authorization Facility, together with PowerMax ande zDP two actor security, to ensure two persons are required to make changes affecting cyber resiliency.
- Transparent Cloud Tiering saves space and CPU cost by leveraging Dell EMC's storage efficiency.
Connectrix FICON Directors for Mainframe
Provide built-in high availability, maximum scalability and unmatched reliability.
- Delivers high performance to keep pace with all-flash storage environments
- 32 to 768 mission-critical ports
- Supports Control Unit Port (CUP)
- FICON Cascading
Resources for Mainframe Solutions