Install your storage system components into a rack
Install the disk processor enclosure
There are two types of DPE(s). Each is 2U. One utilizes 3.5" disks, while the other utilizes 2.5" disks. The installation procedure is identical, no matter which one you have in your system.
The DPE has a Product Serial Number Tag (PSNT) attached to the front of the chassis. On a DPE with 12 horizontal 3.5" drive slots, the tag is located on the top edge near the right side, see Figure 1.
On a DPE with 25 vertical 2.5" drive slots, the tag is located below the DPE power status LED between drive slots 16 and 17, see Figure 2.
Before installation of the chassis, pull the tag outward and record the information from the tag on the Configuration Worksheet. After recording the information, return the tag to its inserted position.
Note: Before installing the DPE, watch the Unity Quick Start Installation Video at http://bit.ly/unityinfohub.
Installing the rails in the cabinet
Note: The snap-in rails are dedicated left and right, and cannot be interchanged.
- First, orient the rails. Face the front of the cabinet when orienting the left and right rail placement. The front edge of each rail is stamped L or R.
- From the rear of the cabinet, insert the adapters into the holes on the rear rack channel with the rail extended as shown in Push rail into rear channel mounting holes.
- Push the rail into the rear mounting holes until the spring clips snap into place on the outside of the rear channel.
CAUTION Ensure the holes on the rail line up with the holes on the cabinet. This will ensure proper alignment of the rails. Also, check that the rails are level and using the same cabinet Unit markers from front to rear. Ensure you are using the same unit markers from the front of the cabinet to the rear of the cabinet.
- From the rear of the cabinet, secure the rails in place using one M5 screw on each rail.
- Working from the front of the cabinet, align the adaptor with the mounting hole on the front of the rack as shown in Securing rail to front channel.
CAUTION Ensure the holes on the rail line up with the holes on the cabinet. This will ensure proper alignment of the rails. Also, check that the rails are level from front-to-back and left-to-right. Ensure you are using the same unit markers from the front of the cabinet to the rear of the cabinet.
- Push in on the spring clip while pulling the rail forward. When the spring clip is forward of the front rack channel, and the adaptor is in the mounting holes, release the spring clip so it holds the rail in place.
CAUTION Ensure the spring clip is securely attached to the channel. It may be necessary to push in on the clip to assist in snapping it into place.
Installing the DPE on the rails
The enclosure is heavy and should be installed into or removed from a rack by two people. To avoid personal injury and/or damage to the equipment, do not attempt to lift and install the enclosure into a rack without a mechanical lift and/or help from another person.
L'enclosure étant lourde, sa mise en place dans l'armoire nécessite deux personnes. Afin de ne pas vous blesser et/ou endommager le matériel, n’essayez pas de soulever et d’installer l’armoire sur une rampe sans avoir recours à un relevage mécanique et/ou à l’aide d’une autre personne.
Das Gehäuse ist schwer und sollte nur von zwei Personen in einem Rack installiert werden. Zur Vermeidung von körperlichen Verletzungen und/oder der Beschädigung des Gerätes, bitte das Gehäuse nicht ohne die Hilfe einer zweiten Person anheben und einbauen.
Il contenitore è pesante e dev'essere installato nel rack da due persone. Per evitare danni personali e/o all’apparecchiatura, non tentare di sollevare ed installare in un rack il contenitore senza un sollevatore meccanico e/o l’aiuto di un’altra persona.
Debido a su considerable peso, la instalación del compartimento en el bastidor deben realizarla siempre dos personas. Para evitar daños personales o en el equipo, el compartimento no debe levantarse ni instalarse en el bastidor sin la ayuda de un elevador mecánico o de otra persona.
- Lift the enclosure and, from the front of the cabinet, slide the enclosure onto the rails.
- Secure the front of the enclosure to the front vertical channels of the cabinet using four screws (two per side) by installing all four screws, and then tightening them.