At Dell Technologies and Intel, we want to eliminate the concept of waste — rethinking, redesigning, reusing and recycling our way to a safer, healthier, better future. We’re excited to launch the Erase E-Waste Sweepstakes!
Help your school transform education for the digital era. Student-centered learning approaches are becoming more prevalent in school systems and technology plays a critical role in scaling this approach. Pledge to join Dell Technologies and Intel in our efforts to erase e-waste and be entered in a sweepstakes to win a learning space that encourages interaction, collaboration, movement and creativity.
Dell Technologies will send you a digital sustainability kit full of tips and learning resources on the value of sustainability to help your school get started.
Conduct a recycling drive at your school to collect and recycle used, consumer electronics.
Post a video or photo of your school's recycling drive on Twitter using #EraseEwasteSweepstakes for an official entry in to the sweepstakes
Leverage the resources below to learn best practices and locations for recycling e-waste. Several states have enacted e-waste recycling law allowing residents to properly recycle electronic devices for free.
We’re committed to protecting the environment and provide convenient recycling solutions that help us reuse precious materials to make new Dell products. To find out how to recycle your specific e-waste, start by using our tool below.
Dell Reconnect provides convenient recycling solutions that help us recycle and reuse e-waste from which we are able to extract materials to make new Dell products. Find a dropoff location near you.
At Dell Technologies, we are committed to driving human progress. Through our reach, technology and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. Progress Made Real articulates how we will create a positive social impact.
As we celebrate the success of our 2020 goals, Dell Technologies is outlining a bold new vision for driving human progress through 2030 and beyond.
Three Erase E-Waste Sweepstakes winners will receive a collaborative learning space from Dell Technologies, Intel and our partners designed to inspire your students to lead their own path of discovery.
Today’s digital world provides opportunities for students to learn in highly personalized ways. When teachers and students become co-creators in the K-12 learning process and leverage technology in meaningful ways, the learning experiences can challenge and engage all learners.
Digital tools and technology can help deepen learning and develop future readiness for your students. Dell Technologies’ innovative portfolio of flexible learning space technology supports a range of activities, group sizes, locations and learning purposes.
Dell Teacher Laptop
Dell Student Laptops
Dell Large Format Interactive Display
Gumdrop Headsets and Laptop Cases
Dell Compact Charging Cart
MakerBot 3D Printer
Session with Educational Strategist
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANTS CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. ENTRY IS RESTRICTED TO K-12 SCHOOLS THAT MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS OUTLINED IN PARAGRAPH 2. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY.
1. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Dell Technologies Erase E-Waste Recycling Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) You (“You”, “Your” or “Entrant”) hereby fully and unconditionally agree to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any violation of these Official Rules will result in disqualification.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to K-12 schools located in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia with the following exceptions. K-12 schools in the state of New York, and K-12 schools with open Category 2 Form 470s, or RFPs are not eligible to participate. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Notice to Public Officials: Dell understands that the laws of many jurisdictions restrict private parties, lobbyist employers, and government contractors from providing things of value to government officials, and in some cases, require reporting of such gifts. Likewise, government officials are restricted from accepting gifts or other things of value in many jurisdictions, including sweepstakes prizes. Prior to awarding any prizes you will be required to certify that acceptance of the sweepstakes prize is permitted in accordance with applicable law and ethics policies of your employer.
3. Sponsor: Dell Marketing L.P., One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682.
4. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on January 6, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CT”) and ends on May 31st, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the "Entry Period").
5. How to Enter:
Step 1: Visit www.delltechnologies.com/EraseEwaste2020 (the “Website”) and follow the instructions to complete and submit the Pledge registration form with a valid physical school address (P.O. Boxes not accepted), contact name, title, phone number and email address, name of your school’s education foundation, and valid school sponsored Twitter handle.
Step 2: The schools that register to take the Pledge will need to conduct a used consumer electronics recycling drive between the dates of January 6, 2020 and May 31st, 2020. Dell Technologies will provide a digital sustainability kit to each school that registers that contains recycling resources to help guide your school in hosting a drive.
Step 3: Using the school sponsored Twitter handle entered during registration, post a video or photo of the recycling drive on Twitter using the @DellTech handle and the hashtag #EraseEwasteSweepstakes for one official entry into the sweepstakes.
Each school can enter up to five (5) times by posting multiple Twitter posts depicting a different video or photo of the recycling drive using the @DellTech handle and official sweepstakes hashtag. Entry includes the post only. Retweets are encouraged but do not count as posts for entry into the Sweepstakes.
Limit: If You post updates to or receive updates from www.twitter.com via SMS from Your wireless phone, Your wireless-service provider may charge for each text message You send and receive. Please consult Your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans. All terms and conditions of www.twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant's entries and that Entrant may be disqualified.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.
Entry Submission Guidelines: All submitted entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
• Must be in English and no longer than the character limits associated with Twitter;
• Must have the permission of any person(s) appearing in the Entry. If a minor is mentioned, featured, or appearing in the Entry, his or her parent/guardian must give express written consent for their child to be mentioned, featured, or appear in the Entry;
• Must not contain any material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• Must not contain any material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• Must not contain any material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Entry is created;
• Must not contain any material that defames, misrepresents, or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its customers or products or other people or companies;
• Must not include personally-identifiable information, such as personal names or e-mail addresses;
• Must not include any material or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which the Sponsor wishes to associate;
• Must not contain any material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, etc.); and
• Must contain the relevant Sweepstakes hashtag #EraseEwasteSweepstakes, and the account handle @DellTech.
6. Prize Drawings: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. On or after May 31st, 2020, the Administrator will conduct a random drawing to select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The potential winners will be notified by mail, email or phone. Prizes will be fulfilled 8-10 weeks after conclusion of the Sweepstakes and after winner requirements have been fulfilled.
7. Winner Requirements: In certain instances Dell Technologies may not provide a an item of value to a K-12 institution. The winner of this sweepstakes prize will receive a donation to the school’s Education Foundation or another vetted organization connected with the school. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Dell Giving Charitable Donation Agreement, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and the applicable tax form in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Donation Agreement, Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability or tax form within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. By entering, Entrant agrees he/she is in compliance with all of his/her employers’ rules, policies, and procedures that relate accepting prizes. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
8. Prizes: A total of three (3) prize package donations consisting of one Learning Space designed to accommodate twenty-five (25) students will be awarded. Each Learning Space will include 25 student devices (choice between Latitude 3300 Education or Chromebook 3000 series), one Latitude 5300 2-in-1 for teacher use, one Dell Compact Charging Cart CT36U18, 25 Gumdrop headsets, 25 Gumdrop laptop cases if applicable, One MakerBot 3D printer, and one Dell 75 4K Interactive Touch Monitor (C7520QT). Dell Technologies will also provide an Education Specialist to visit your school and consult on the design of your learning space. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $30,000 USD. The actual value of learning space is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed.
Prizes awarded will not in any way influence any decision in doing business with Dell. Prizes are not given in connection with or related to any sale or commercial transaction or promise related thereto. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes not manufactured or sold by Dell will be awarded without warranty of any kind, express or implied, without limitation. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize package donation (Learning Space) per school. Total ARV of all prizes: $90,000 USD.
9. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
10. Indemnification and Release: By entering you agree to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Dell Marketing L.P., Intel, Twitter, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of its employees, directors, officers, agents, business partners, contractors, distribution partners and representatives (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including attorneys’ fees and costs, arising from or related to (i) any breach by you of any of these Official Rules, (ii) any violation of applicable law, (iii) any agreement with a third party to which you are subject, and (iv) Released Parties’ use of your Submission or any content contained in it, including name, image, likeness, photograph, comments, posts, statements, biographical material or other information, including without limitation any claims arising out of or based upon copyright infringement, trademark infringement, misappropriation, invasion of privacy, defamation, right of publicity, blurring, alteration, editing, morphing, distortion, illusionary effect, faulty reproduction, fictionalization or use in any composite or edited form of your Submission, name, image, likeness or other information submitted to Released Parties. For the avoidance of doubt, Released Parties shall not be liable for any inaccuracies, technical failures, printing errors, loss, injury, damage, or any other claims arising from your participation in this Sweepstakes.You further agree to hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
11. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the winner’s school name, location and photos, videos and/or text used to enter the Sweeptakes, for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to randomly award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to any such cancelation, modification, suspension or termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant or Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that the Entry Period has not ended. If the Sweepstakes is canceled, suspended or modified, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. If by reason of a printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, human or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by United States District Court for the Western District of Texas and the Texas State District Court in Williamson County, Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
16. Winner List: For a winner list, visit www.delltechnologies.com/EraseEwaste2020. The winner list will be posted on the Sweepstakes website after winner confirmation is complete.
The Erase E-Waste Sweepstakes is brought to you by