Last month, in partnership with Microsoft and MasterCard, we started searching for America’s Favorite Small Business! More than 200 entries later, we’ve narrowed our search to just 10 finalists.
It wasn’t easy. With more than one video entry per minute leading up to our deadline, hundreds of unique small businesses across the country shared their stories. Now we’re asking you to help us make the ultimate decision, and tell us which finalist is truly ready to be crowned America’s Favorite Small Business.
What’s at stake? The grand prize winner will receive $25,000 in Dell products, pre-loaded with Windows 7 Professional & Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010. In addition, they will receive a $50,000 prepaid card from MasterCard, and an online reality show to promote their small business.
So, which of these 10 finalists do you think should be America’s Favorite Small Business? In no particular order, they are:
- Wintercheck Factory and American Manufacturing: A Brooklyn-based manufacturing company that designs, manufactures and sells furniture, clothing, equipment and more.
- Shwood Handcrafted Wooden Eyewear: Based in Portland, Ore., they make sunglasses frames out of wood.
- Call Renee Estate Liquidation: Got trash or treasure? This mother-daughter liquidation consignment center in Las Vegas can help you sell your stuff.
- The Studio (MDR): A high-energy fitness studio in Los Angeles.
- Bolay Farms: Located in rural Oklahoma, this family farm produces livestock and grain, and relies a lot on technology.
- Jet Pitch: Based in North Carolina, this company helps college graduates develop professional video elevator pitches, and has developed attentive networks of both colleges and businesses across the country.
- Fuel Professional Boxing Gloves: A brother-sister team in New Jersey, this duo travels constantly to promote their personal line of pro boxing gloves.
- Related Grey: A seven-person high-tech special effects and design shop in Orange County, Calif.
- Sono Trading Company: Two mustard makers from San Diego, working hard to ensure their product has the best ingredients possible.
- Hey Cupcake!: An Austin-based cupcake factory known for selling its products out of roadside Airstream trailers.