In January, EMC (now Dell EMC) pronounced 2016 the “Year of All Flash” (YOAF). We’re already observing customers putting more and more workloads on flash storage, and our mission is to help every customer modernize their data center with flash. We introduced VMAX All Flash in February and Unity in May—completing our portfolio of all-flash arrays. This broad all-flash portfolio provides customers of every size an all-flash solution for every type of workload.
Customers are embracing the YOAF strategy, and Dell EMC has already achieved 40% share of the all-flash array market—more than double that of the next closest vendor.
In the YOAF, help your customers create a modern data center with a holistic solution of best-in-class data technologies.
While all-flash storage provides tremendous performance benefits, its advantages cannot be fully realized with legacy networking technology. The storage networking performance that was adequate for spinning disk is insufficient to fully exploit the potential of flash.
That’s why helping your customer modernize their data center is more than just putting a fast array in place … It means providing a holistic solution of best-in-class technologies.
Designed to maximize flash storage, Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel technology:
- Helps eliminate performance bottlenecks with highly deterministic data delivery and low-latency switching
- Shatters application IOPS performance barriers with 566 million frames-per-second speed
- Delivers unprecedented performance for bandwidth-intensive applications across 32 Gbps links
- Proactively monitors IO performance and behavior through integrated network sensors to quickly identify degraded application performance at host and storage tiers, and reducing time to resolution
Dell EMC and Brocade: Industry leaders and partners working together to set a new standard for the Modern Data Center built on the power and simplicity of flash.
Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel is a purpose-built networking solution for flash storage that enables breakthrough application performance, scalability and availability. The combination of Dell EMC all-flash storage and Brocade Gen 6 Fibre Channel allows customers to deploy more servers, desktops and OLTP workloads—while at the same time eliminating bottlenecks and minimizing the risks and business impact of downtime in highly virtualized and mission-critical environments.
Recently, I sat down with Jack Rondoni, Vice President of Storage Networking, Brocade to discuss the importance of the network when investing in All Flash.
Don’t sell an incomplete solution!
When you sell modern storage without modern networking, you’re doing a disservice to your customers and you’re leaving money on the table.
Here’s how you can get started:
- Learn how to deliver the Modernize without Compromise message
- Visit the Connectrix Enablement Center for marketing and enablement materials; in particular be sure to view:
- Connectrix – Connectivity for the Modern Data Center customer presentation
- Connectivity Matters for Technology Refresh slides for guidance on how to upsell current installations
- Connectrix Quick Selling Guide
- Take advantage of the EMC plus Brocade Modernize the Network incentive program designed specifically for partners