This Monday (8/22), Dell announced a ton of new offerings for EqualLogic and tools for VMware vSphere 5. You saw the social media press release, right?
In case you missed any of the links, here is what was announced:
- EqualLogic PS4100 Series
- EqualLogic PS6100 Series
- EqualLogic FS7500
EqualLogic software enhancements
- SAN HQ 2.2
- Host Integration Tools (HIT)) for Microsoft 4.0
VMware vSphere 5 tools
- Dell EqualLogic Host Integration Tools for VMware 3.1
- Dell Compellent Storage Replication Adapter for VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5
- Dell PowerVault Integration with VMware vSphere 5
Here are some links that will give you the nitty gritty information about the releases. If I’ve missed your post, please let me know!
- Sarah Cook PG Marketing Outbound Product Consultant for Storage and Ryan Steed, CoC Relationship Product Management give a great overview of the announcements (with tons of links)
Shanky Chandra Gowri, Product Marketing Manager for EqualLogic gives the scoop on the new EqualLogic software releases, and explains why you should care about them.
He also posted details about the software releases on the Dell Tech Center blog.
- Of course the Dell Tech Center gurus have pulled together some amazing videos on this wiki
- Marc Malotke, Enterprise Solutions Specialist, has the specs on the drives for the new arrays. He also linked to the new Visio stencils on VisioCafe.
- Daniel Moges, Systems Engineer, gives info on how the new PS4100 and PS6100 series have been added to the Dell High Availability Cluster Solution stacks.
- Zafar Mahmood, who works in Database Solutions for Dell, also has a post on the Dell Tech Center about NAS for database storage – the post has gives lots of info about the FS7500 and Dell Scalable File System (DFS).