Lots of buzz in the industry about “As a Service” models for procuring personal computing devices (PCs). It’s estimated that about 3-4% of PCs today are purchased as a service and predicted to shift to over 20% by 2020. (IDC MCS Study, Feb 2017)
Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future. – Deepak Chopra
Rebooting the PC Lifecycle
The interest in as a service spans all sizes of businesses. But for our customers, it’s about a lot more than just a purchase option. It’s about how they can simplify the entire process of buying, managing, retiring and refreshing their PC assets – you might refer to this as rebooting the PC lifecycle. Throughout our history, Dell has won by commoditizing business models and processes, so this is a natural evolution that we can help our customers with. Dell PC as a Service (PCaaS) is designed to enable our customers to alleviate the burden and costs of procuring and managing PC’s by providing a flexible, technology-enabled solution in a predictable price per seat model.
So Why the Hype? Shift to Business Transformation
Are customers realizing actual savings when they move to a comprehensive lifecycle model? According to Forrester research and interviews with real customers, customers can save up to 25% with Dell PCaaS (Based on the Forrester® Dell Client solutions cost estimator tool commissioned by Dell and Intel. Estimated savings is calculated over 3 years and includes hardware, software, services and other resource adjustments.) How? By taking advantage of best-in-class lifecycle service options for deployment, management, support and asset return – all aimed to free up IT department resources and shift efforts from day to day PC maintenance to more strategic priorities for business transformation.
Components of a Successful “As a Service” Model
We have shaped our PCaaS offer around years of customer feedback and requirements and determined the optimal mix to include:
- Maximum flexibility that makes it simple – choose the right hardware for each worker profile, and select the most efficient deployment, support level and asset return for your IT needs, with flexible terms and a financial model to adhere to the ebbs and flow of your business. Hardware + services + financing = Simple.
- Suite of tools and management software options – ensure your assets are secured, your data is encrypted and your hardware is optimized and integrated with a support solution that is automated proactive and predictive. The result is reduced or eliminated disruption from outages and a workforce who can count on relevant technology to provide reliable performance and a worry free experience.
- Predictable budgets and processes – ease the planning and management of PC lifecycles and at the same time, get a predictable price per seat per month for the life of the usage agreement.
- A single point of contact for the entire contract – imagine having a Services Delivery Manager who prioritizes and is focused on YOUR end to end PC Lifecycle process, someone to help plan those more complicated solutions, someone to help coordinate with technology deployment and support managers, and someone to help locate and manage the return and refresh process so you get your assets turned around faster and new systems deployed easier with less disruption to your business – getting new technology into those end users hands, seamlessly.
- Designed to meet all customer needs – the beauty of working with Dell is that we can help solve any customer challenge with our comprehensive PCaaS approach along with the unique ability to customize a broader solution. With Dell PCaaS, you can include a vast array of custom capabilities such as onsite personnel, service desk or remotely administered capabilities.
So if you are looking to reduce the cost and burden of managing the day to day PC lifecycle, looking for a complete offer that is flexible and simple or need more predictability…look no further. Dell PC as a Service might just be what you are looking for.
You can be on the forefront of the shift…it’s happening now so why wait?