When it comes to understanding customers, Michael Dell will say you need to have big ears. As a company that recently closed one of the biggest tech mergers in history with EMC, we made listening a top priority as we looked to unify our company culture as part of the new Dell Technologies. We turned our collective ears toward team members from both former Dell and EMC to define our corporate culture as the driver of how we run the business, go to market, work effectively together and provide inspirational leadership.
We understood the importance of having a strong culture as our company’s cornerstone. Look at any HR or employment website these days and you’ll see article after article advising job-seekers to carefully take a company’s culture into account. What we heard from tens of thousands of our own team members on this front was inspiring and greatly informed the development of what we proudly call today our Culture Code.
Our Core Values
The results of our listening led to the creation of a powerful set of values, beliefs and leadership principles that serve to unite the company and make for a great place to work. Simply put, Dell Technologies’ Culture Code was built atop extensive feedback from our team members around the world and encompasses how we lead, inspire and work together to create value for our customers, communities and our people. Overall, our team members resoundingly shared that our top five values for long-term success include:
- Customers: We believe our customer relationships are the ultimate differentiator and foundation for our success.
- Winning Together: We believe in and value our people. As a team, we perform better, are smarter and have more fun getting the job done.
- Innovation: We believe our ability to innovate and cultivate breakthrough thinking is an engine for growth, success and progress.
- Results: We believe in being accountable to an exceptional standard of excellence and performance.
- Integrity: We believe integrity must always govern our fierce desire to win.
A Culture for Success
Award-winning speaker and author Simon Sinek declares, “Customers will never love a company until the employees love it first.” It’s a great philosophy and how all businesses should approach their own corporate culture. To better understand Dell’s Culture Code, I encourage you to check out our new video.