We are happy to welcome in our two new arrivals, VxRack System 1000 with Neutrino Nodes and the Vblock System 350 and VxBlock System 350 with Unity.
The VxRack System 1000 Series is joined by another outstanding rack system. The VxRack System 1000 with Neutrino Nodes brings with it all of the cloud native capabilities that companies have been dreaming about. No need to have an enormous group of developers spending large amounts of time configuring and developing an environment that may or may not work or even be used over time. The VxRack with Neutrino Node is a turnkey environment that makes standing up multiple cloud stacks based on open source a breeze.
The magic within the VxRack with Neutrino Nodes is the integration with proven, existing technologies to ensure the entire stack is stable and reliable. This multi-service architecture provides IT with choices of IaaS or PaaS that the lines of business need for developing their cloud native apps. And with all VxRack Systems, compelling economics are brought to the table with the commodity hardware, one call support, simplified upgrades, patches, and unified management.
Here’s a high level view of the family after today’s announcement:
VxRack System 1000 with Neutrino Nodes–
- Perfect for organizations that want a turnkey platform for cloud native services (OpenStack, Hadoop, Photon)
- IaaS – OpenStack deployment in hours vs. weeks/months
- PaaS – Native Hybrid Cloud (including Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Purpose-built for cloud native (P3) applications
VxRack System 1000 with SDDC Nodes–
- Ideal for organizations that have standardized on VMware and want a turnkey private cloud with end-to-end system automation- simple!
- Leverages the VMware EVO SDDC stack
- Easy to deploy, operate and manage
- Start small and scale incrementally to hundreds of nodes
- Complete lifecycle management
- New EVO SDDC manager for single pane of glass management of physical and virtual resources
VxRack System 1000 with FLEX Nodes–
- Perfect for organizations that need a flexible foundation for delivering IaaS at scale and can support a wide range of use cases (separately or in combination)
- Leverages EMC ScaleIO
- Virtualizes the server’s direct-attached storage into a shared network-based storage pool-similar to SAN storage
- Start small and grow to extreme scale (1000+ nodes)
- Capable of supporting multiple hypervisors
In summary, depending on your use cases and needs (OpenStack, VMware, Scale-out Storage), the VxRack Systems family has you covered. They bring all of the hyper-converged advantages to a rack-scale system to enable scale-out simplicity and performance.
Now, let’s take a look at the release for our Vblock Systems family.
The Vblock System 350 and VxBlock System 350 with Unity are the newest additions to the System 300 Series and VCE product portfolio. With a flash optimized Block portfolio – 350 with Unity, 540 with XtremeIO, and 740 with VMAX All Flash – VCE continues to offer its customers additional choices to deploy all-flash converged infrastructure and transform their data centers.
More than ever, customers are moving towards all-flash data centers. According to the Worldwide and U.S. Enterprise Storage Systems Forecast Update 2015-2019, the all-flash and hybrid-flash array market have projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 29.2% and 5.5%, respectively, far above the hard disk drive market CAGR of -12.8%. Flash delivers the increased performance required by next-generation applications as well as traditional workloads, at a better price than hard disk.
With the launch of Vblock and VxBlock System 350 with the all-new EMC Unity storage platform, VCE further enables customers to modernize their infrastructure and transform their data center operation into a cloud environment, while minimizing total cost of ownership.
Vblock and VxBlock System 350 with Unity is a leading choice for customers, and here’s why:
- Provides a fast, low-risk path to an all-flash data center
- Offers an ideal infrastructure for midsized deployments, ROBO use cases, and cost-sensitive mixed workloads
- Meets the needs of resource-constrained IT professionals in large or small companies
- Tops the current mid-range external storage array market – it is smaller, denser, and easier to use
- Offers the highest levels of performance at low latency
- Scales for ultimate flexibility
- And, provides a complete, rich set of data services and features
Vblock and VxBlock System 350 customers have the flexibility to choose from multiple storage configurations, either in hybrid-flash or all-flash arrays, to meet their requirements.
For more information on Vblock Systems and VxRack Systems and to learn more about VCE’s full portfolio of products, visit vce.com.