Story of the Week
Dell, VMware team up on bundled VDI package Infoworld – August 31, 2012
Dell and VMware announced a partnership this week through which the two companies will sell a bundled system with server, network, and storage components in support of VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure).
Other Dell News
Dell sticks with plan to acquire 8-12 firms Shanghai Daily – September 6, 2012
DELL Inc will continue its acquisition strategy by buying eight to 12 firms annually in the near term, as it transforms itself from a personal-computer maker to an information technology service and solution provider to enterprises and consumers.
Botnet Masquerade Leads to Disruption at Small Websites eWeek – September 5, 2012
A malicious program, designed by cyber-criminals to help them build their botnets, is causing disruption at hundreds of small Websites as the program attempts to hide its communications by sending out a large number of fake requests, said security firm Dell Secureworks Sept. 5.
SecureKey teams up with Dell for private cloud expansion IT Business.CA – September 5, 2012
Toronto's SecureKey Technologies has picked Dell to help build its private cloud-based authentication platform for mobile commerce and e-commerce businesses.
FEMA's War Room Responds to Isaac (Video) NBC – September 3, 2012
Inside FEMA's war room in southwest Washington they're using social media to get help to people affected by Isaac.
Agencies can mandate personal phones Federal Times – September 2, 2012
Federal employees could one day be required to use their personal cellphones, tablet computers or other mobile devices for work.
Peek-A-Boo! I See You! Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook Listen To Lena – September 2, 2012
It’s been a couple of months since I last raved about my Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook. Missed my review? Then you’re definitely missing out – and we can’t have that!
Dell, EMC, Cisco Tackle BYOD With Desktop Virtualization CIO – August 31, 2012
This strategy is wrapped with Dell services, through its acquisition of Perot Systems, and has within it a variety of management layers provided by various other Dell acquisitions.
LIT to hold Innovation Showcase for businesses at Dell’s Limerick campus in October Silicon Republic – August 31, 2012
Over 150 companies are set to demo their wares at an Innovation Showcase organised by Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT) that will be held in Dell Ireland’s Limerick campus on 4 October next.
New Dell Workstations Made for Manufacturing Digital Manufacturing Report – August 30, 2012
Dell recently announced what it billed as “the world’s most powerful mobile workstations” – the Dell Precision M4700. M6700, and M6700 Covet Edition.
Dell Press Releases
- Dell SonicWALL Next-Gen Firewalls Secure Networks, Prevail as Top-Rated Products in Independent Lab Tests
- Dell Positioned in the “Leaders” Quadrant in 2012 Leading Analyst Firm Report on Data Center Outsourcing and Infrastructure Utility Services
- StartReady reduces time to deliver their unified communications appliances globally by 50 percent with Dell OEM Solutions
- Dell Board Approves First Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Dell PowerEdge 12th Generation Servers Enable Customers to Maximize Benefits of Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Popular Direct2Dell Posts
- Data Center Evolution
- Dell’s x86 Server Shipment Growth Outpaces the Marketplace
- EMR adoption is at the heart of the healthcare transformation
- CMIO as Change Agent: Three Crucial Skills
- Dell Precision Workstation Video Editing Guest Blog Part 2 of 4: Dell and NVIDIA are “production proven”
- Integrating for Customer Success: Dell and Windows Server 2012
- PowerEdge 12th Generation Servers – A Perfect Engine for Windows Server 2012
- Dell OEM Solutions Roadshow coming to Europe in September 2012! #OEMShow12
Industry Quotes & Insight
“Sporting dual Nvidia graphics cards, crazy-fast dual SSDs and a show-stopping 1080p display, the Alienware M18x R2 is the gaming notebook dreams are made of.” – Sherri L. Smith, writer, Laptop Mag
“While EMC leads in partnerships, Dell leads in the more traditional, end-to-end approach of acquisitions… Dell has also shifted its focus at a corporate level to the midmarket, where larger firms have historically suffered. Overall, its solution offers advantages in its end-to-end coverage and midmarket focus. Add to this Dell’s lines of traditional PCs—the company is making a big Windows 8 splash—and Dell is richer than most companies.” – Rob Enderle, president and principal analyst of the Enderle Group