Welcome to the latest edition of the Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORIES OF THE WEEK
How Brands Are Activating Their Sponsorships At Formula 1 – Forbes, November 16, 2012
Dell’s relationship with Team Caterham transcends a traditional sponsorship. According to Bryan Jones, Executive Director, North America Business Segment Marketing at Dell, “we aren’t starting from scratch here in the US on how we activate this partnership. Our primary audience for this relationship is our commercial customers in the B2B space.
OTHER DELL NEWS
- Dell overhauls print portfolio for digital era – V3, November 13, 2012
Designed to help businesses maximize workforce productivity and office efficiency, Dell’s updated portfolio of new laser printers will allow customers to manage print reliably, digitize content for sharing and integrate document processes for an efficient work environment.
- Singapore Exchange moves off mainframe– IT News Australia, November 12, 2012
With outdated interfaces and lack of support for legacy systems, the journey to modernize mission-critical enterprise applications can be complex. The world’s eighth-largest listed exchange, Singapore Exchange, worked with Dell to successfully rehost its large clearing and deposits application from an ageing mainframe to an open Linux platform.
- Dell President’s Advice to CEOs: ‘Get Social’ – Bloomberg, November 13, 2012
During a panel at the Techonomy Conference, Dell President and Chief Commercial Officer Steve Felice shares advice around the importance of social technologies as a disruptor for larger companies that fail to adapt, and highlights how Dell has adjusted to change by transforming and diversifying its portfolio.
- Stampede supercomputer gives scientists a powerful new tool – Austin American Statesman, November 10, 2012
Supporting state-of-the-art research for more than 1,000 research teams at the University of Texas, STAMPEDE, a new supercomputing cluster, is powered by 6,000 Dell PowerEdge C8000 servers, with Dell being credited for STAMPEDE’s design and implementation.
- High-tech CEOs warn that inaction on 'fiscal cliff' is unacceptable – Los Angeles Times, November 13, 2012
On Tuesday, the Technology CEO Council (TCC), chaired by Michael Dell, sent a letter to President Obama and U.S. lawmakers urging immediate action on the “fiscal cliff.”
- Dell eyes cloud trends – IT in Canada, November 9, 2012
Data residency issues are limiting Dell’s ability to expand medical image archiving on the cloud, as country, regional and even local decisions affect the ability of business to make the most of cloud services. The new Dell data center in Mississauga, Canada is focused on more traditional IT outsourcing services.
- Dell XPS 12 a Classy, Convertible Windows 8 Ultrabook – CIO, November 8, 2012
As Windows 8 continues to receive media attention, the Dell XPS 12 convertible ultrabook has been singled out from the line-up of competing products as a device that will benefit business users. Recommended as the top choice among five Windows 8 hybrid devices for the workplace, for its thoughtful design and attractive price point, it delivers a high performance, fully functional work laptop experience.
- Dell Wyse Cloud Client Manager Tackles BYOD – Information Week Cloud, November 8, 2012
Last week’s unveiling of the Dell Cloud Client Manager mobile management tool has shown how Dell’s acquisition of Wyse has led to new possibilities for the enterprise in tackling the trends towards BYOD and the consumerization of IT.
- Dell SecureWorks Launches New APT Intelligence Suite – Security Week, November 8, 2012
Designed to detect and anticipate advanced persistent threats (APTs) before they do significant damage to a targeted institution, Dell SecureWorks’ new Targeted Threat Intelligence Services suite will proactively identify, understand and defend against cyber threats directed against an organization’s key infrastructure.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell POSTS (November 5th – November 9th)
- What to expect from your new Dell with Windows 8
- Two Weeks with Windows 8
- Fluid Data is the storage foundation ready to move your business forward
- Dell Updates Imaging Portfolio with New Leading Color and Monochrome Printers
- What you may not know about Dell SonicWALL
PRESS RELEASES (November 12th – November 16
- Dell Acquires Gale Technologies, a Leading Provider of Infrastructure Automation Solutions
- Dell Moves Fluid Data Architecture Forward with Latest Advances in Storage Efficiency, Performance and Protection
- Dell Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
- Dell Reconnect Expands Computer Recycling to Goodwill Donation Sites in Hawaii
- Dell Updates Imaging Portfolio with New Color and Monochrome Printers
- Turkey Named as Host Country for Fourth Annual Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network Event
- Dell Helps Tippett Studio Animate the Twilight Saga Wolves Faster with Five Times More Detail