If you visit the U.S. Small Business Administration’s website and click on the Most Requested Items link, the #1 question is, “How do I get a small business loan?” In fact, 5 of the top 11 most requested items have to do with finding monetary assistance.
There’s nothing wrong with a little capital infusion when it comes to running a small business, but before you agree to an easy payment plan make sure you have a good answer to the next logical question: “How do I find enough customers who will buy from me so I can pay back my small business loan fast and live the life I want to live?”
A lot of people offer answers to that question, but I think it’s a good question to ask your marketing tools. If I could invent the perfect marketing tool, I would want it to answer as follows:
- I’ll deliver your message through a medium that everyone uses
- I’ll deliver your message at a very low cost
- I’ll give you a high return on investment
- I’ll track your results so you can improve
- I’ll allow you to easily target messages to specific interests
- I’ll be easy to use and allow you to fine-tune your messages
Someone beat me to the invention. Email marketing has these great features built-in (as long as you’re using an Email Service Provider such as Constant Contact). Combine these features with some marketing best-practices and you’ll be on your way to accomplishing your business, financial, and personal goals!