After the cloud summit last week at OSCON, I sat down with Neil Levine of Canonical to see what was in store for Ubuntu cloud-wise (Canonical is a partner of ours in our cloud ISV program). Neil is the VP of Canonical’s corporate services division which handles their cloud and server products.
Here’s what Neil had to say:
Some of the topics Neil tackles:
- The next Ubuntu release “Maverick Meerkat” and its geek-a-licious launch date: 10.10.10.
- Look for Maverick to make Eucalyptus even easier to deploy and use.
- Data processing and data analytics is one of the key use cases in the cloud and Canonical is looking to move up the stack and provide deep integration for other apps like Hadoop and NoSQL.
- What are some of the areas of focus for next year’s two releases i.e. 11.04 and 11.10.
- Project ensemble: what it is and what its goals are.
- The Register: Canonical fluffs one-click Ubuntu cloud stack
Pau for now…