- Gregg Ambulos, EMC SVP of Global Channel Sales
- Leonard Iventosch, EMC VP of Americas Channel Sales
- Fred Kohout, EMC VP of Global Channel Marketing
- Bill Taylor, RSA VP of Worldwide Channels and Alliances
- Darrell Gamble, Mozy Director of Channel Sales
Channel Chiefs is CRN’s prestigious list of executives selected by its editorial team based on channel experience, program innovations, channel-driven revenue and public support for the importance of IT Channel Sales.2012 was EMC’s biggest year yet for its Velocity channel partner program. Last year, 2,500 new partners were recruited globally – with 1,350 selling for the first time. Also, more than 7,500 accounts were brand new to EMC, and we held our first ever Global Partner Summit at EMC World.Gregg, Leonard and Fred each played a lead role in EMC’s biggest channel accomplishments last year which included:
- The successful implementation of EMC’s Enterprise Select strategy which has opened up sales opportunities in the SMB, mid-market and enterprise markets for our channel partners that they may not have had exposure to previously.
- With the 2012 launch of EMC’s channel-only VSPEX Proven Infrastructure, EMC equipped its EMC Velocity Partners with one of the industry’s most flexible reference architecture. Also, as seen in the recent CRN slideshow “Around the World with EMC VSPEX” we’re the only vendor that encourages our partners to use their brand with VSPEX. . Just two quarters since its launch, partners have sold more than 1,300 VSPEX systems, making it one of the fastest-growing reference architectures in the market.
- In addition to VSPEX we launched even more channel-only products including Avamar Business Editionand VNXe3150, a unified storage solution optimized for organizations building virtualized, private cloud environments.
2012 was also a busy year for RSA and Mozy.Bill helped RSA revamp its SecurWorld™ Partner Program, which involved adding a new Authorized tier, introducing specializations and launching a new training program.Over at Mozy, Darrell was behind a number of initiatives over the last couple of years that have contributed to Mozy becoming one of the most channel-friendly cloud backup vendors. In 2012, those efforts helped Mozy’s channel revenue as a percentage of overall revenue reach a new company record.2013 is slated to be an even bigger year for the EMC, RSA and Mozy channel programs. Our team will maintain a laser focus on what is most critical to partners: ease of doing business, opportunities for increased profitability, technology leadership, service delivery, training and support.
Congratulations to our Channel Chiefs!