The Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) recently hosted their Technology Services World (TSW) conference in Las Vegas. Conference sessions touched on various aspects of the customer-supplier relationship, but the continued growth and change in customer service expectations was definitely a focus area. If you’re committed to providing an excellent customer service experience as we are at EMC, you know this takes diligent attention, innovation, and investment. I was grateful for the opportunity to learn from the expertise of TSIA and our peers.
At the awards ceremony EMC was honored with the 2013 TSIA STAR Awards for Innovation in Customer Commitment and Innovation in Leveraging Technology for Service Excellence – making this 23 EMC STAR Awards in the last 12 years. It was certainly a proud moment as the EMC Customer Service team received much deserved recognition for their commitment to putting our customers first. There are so many elements that contribute to our success, but these five very simple items rise to the top of the list.
- We ask – Several listening posts are used to ensure an all-encompassing view of our customers’ perceptions and experience throughout their journey of buying, deploying, using and servicing EMC products, solutions and services.
- When we ask, we really want to hear the answer – It is not about a score. The success of our customers is our number one priority. We want to understand how we can improve.
- Everyone cares – Commitment to a customer-first approach begins at the top and permeates every level and aspect of the company – a tradition that has been in place for more than 30 years.
- Sophisticated analysis – Award-winning analytics programs, including text mining and big data analytics, provide detailed and insightful information on which to base improvements.
- We act – in areas that matter to customers. Our defined program and strong analytics allow us to systematically drive timely, deliberate service delivery improvements.
Thank you to our customers for their ongoing feedback — it helps us continually improve the Total Customer Experience. I will close by sharing this brief video in which several of our customers provide their feedback.