Creative and design pros have been waiting for a beautiful, light-weight AND powerful mobile workstation and I’m pleased to report that the Dell Precision M3800, at three-quarters of an inch thin and only 4.15 pounds, delivers all of that and more. It is the thinnest and lightest 15-inch mobile workstation and is thinner and more powerful than most ultrabooks, including the HP Z series ultrabook. It is truly a game changer and another example of Dell’s investment, commitment and leadership in the workstation space.
I believe we’ve set a new standard for mobile workstations and everyone who’s gotten a chance to get their hands on the system has agreed. Here are a few examples.
- “Since the dawn of time, consumers and businesses looking for high powered, professional class mobile workstations always found it to be a compromise between performance, size and weight….Dell is finally coming out with a design that’s not only powerful, but thin and light as well… the M3800 is quite an exciting development as it’s one of Dell’s first mobile workstations capable of competing with the Retina Display powered MacBook Pros.” – Sam Chen, Custom PC Review
- “Professional workstations are usually designed for power and robustness rather than mobility. There is at least one model that's different: the Dell Precision M3800. Dell previewed it at the SIGGRAPH computer graphics conference as the "world's thinnest and lightest workstation", and I think it's the first workstation with Ultrabook styling. It packs workstation components such as a fourth-generation Core i7, UltraSharp 3200 x 1800 pixel multitouch screen and Quadro graphics into a very sleek and comparatively light (2kg) package. I expect there will be a long queue for the M3800 when it arrives….” Jack Schofield, The Guardian
- “Dell has a long history of delivering leading-edge performance workstations for customers in engineering and digital content creation,” said Jon Peddie, President, Jon Peddie Research. “After seeing the new Dell Precision M3800 ultra-thin mobile workstation it’s like falling in love all over again. It has everything I want in a power notebook including a super processor and GPU, high-resolution and big screen, light weight, lots of I/O, great speakers and camera. What’s not to love? With the M3800, I no longer have to sacrifice performance for mobility and beautiful design.”
We first previewed the M3800 at Siggraph in July 2013 and today we’re announcing full product details, pricing and availability so you can see for yourself how it stacks up against other mobile offerings and is truly the first thin and light workstation with uncompromising performance. Designers, video and photo editors, animators and others can enjoy the following while on the road or in the office:
- Maximize professional software with a powerful 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processor and 16GB of memory
- From rendering to complex modeling, get professional-grade performance with NVIDIA Quadro graphics with 2GB of memory.
- Select, zoom and edit work using up to five fingers with the standard touch display.
- Seamlessly run most-demanding applications with independent software vendor (ISV) certifications
- Design and visualize work on the beautiful 15.6” UltraSharp display with up to QHD+ (3200×1800) resolution.
The M3800 has made workstations “se*y” for the first time and creative pros now have a system with stylish design to match their image and environment and one they are proud to carry.
Please share your thoughts on the M3800 and be the first to pre-order one here!