For those of you with an intense interest in all things storage – this is exciting news.
We're working with the Techdirt Insight Community to start conversations about what's really going on in the storage arena. As this introductory post explains – we're posing questions to TechDirt's community of experts and posting their answers – and inviting you to join in on – a conversation hub called The Future of Storage.
Just a few of the questions we're looking to discuss include:
- What are the biggest storage problems that need solving? What does "hitting the wall" mean to you, if anything?
- What are the most important new storage technologies?
- For FC users, will you wait for FCoE products before you upgrade your infrastructures?
- What's changing due to virtual server technologies?
- How is your approach to DR changing?
- What are you doing for online archiving? How will that change in the next five years?
- How do you want to manage storage?