“One of the biggest misconceptions in the Cloud Computing market is that today‘s new web-based services will ‘disintermediate’ the channel because of their simpler, more user-friendly solutions, and direct sales and delivery business models”
The Cloud Channel Manifesto by THINKstrategies, Inc.
Dell is committed to engaging with existing and new channel partners to expand our customer reach in the high growth cloud computing marketplace. Bringing the expansive cloud solution set to channel partners provides these partners with new business opportunities as well as revenue streams from subscription models commonly found in cloud solutions.
Here are some examples of the offerings channel companies can provide:
- Evaluating and selecting the right combination of Cloud solutions to meet their business objectives.
- Configuring ‘off-the-shelf‘ Cloud services to meet the specific business and technical needs of their organizations.
- Integrating the solutions with their legacy, on-premise systems and software, as well as other
Cloud Computing services.
- Optimizing the performance and maximizing the security of their Cloud resources.
- Re-engineering their business processes and training their people to effectively utilize Cloud solutions.
(source: The Cloud Channel Manifesto by THINKstrategies, Inc.)
In April 2012, the Dell Cloud Services team launched a beta Cloud Channel Program to provide select partners an opportunity to help form a viable program for Dell’s cloud technologies. This program included channel partners from the United States and Canada; a European beta program is being established now to properly prepare for a European program launch in the near future. As for the US and Canada, a full program launch is scheduled for August 2012 and Dell is actively looking for cloud channel partners.
If your company is interested in participating in this program, please send an email to CloudPartners@Dell.com.