Yesterday morning at the Web 2.0 summit out in San Francisco I sat in a session led by RackSpace‘s CTO John Engates. After the session finished I grabbed some time with John to learn more about his thoughts on OpenStack, the open source cloud platform that Rackspace, along with NASA helped kick off.
Some of the ground John covers:
- How OpenStack directly addresses some of the most common reservations people have about the cloud.
- How OpenStack is like Android.
- (1:50) NTT’s interest in, and commitment to, OpenStack for the Japanese market.
- OpenStack Plans Next Two Cloud Platform Releases at First Public Design Summit
- Talking to NASA CTO about OpenStack Cloud Platform
- Talking to OpenStack Chief Architect – Rick Clark
Pau for now..