In spending time with our customers, there is a consistent theme that I hear time and time again. Traditional businesses seek a digital transformation strategy, recognizing their long-term viability depends on it.
Yet, research shows many businesses remain stuck in the transformational gap. They want to transform but are unsure how to begin.
The second Dell Technologies Digital Transformation Index*, which measures the state of digital transformation in more than 40 countries, confirmed this reality: 91% of businesses still face significant hurdles in achieving digital transformation. The image below reveals respondents’ top 10 barriers, all of which customers have voiced to me at one time or another.
Ultimately, customers return to two simple questions – “How do we start?” and “How can we transform faster?”
Dell Technologies Consulting has cracked the code to realizing transformation with the launch of ProConsult Advisory services. Our new offer, the first under the “ProConsult” banner, enables customers to break through the inertia of getting started with easily consumable, globally-consistent consulting services that deliver a dedicated transformation roadmap in six weeks or less.
ProConsult Advisory services help customers determine where and how to get started with their transformation initiatives. They help customers address nearly half of the top ten barriers to transformation in The Digital Transformation Index*:
- Lack of the right in-house skills and expertise
- Information overload
- Lack of senior support and sponsorship
- Lack of a coherent strategy and vision
Gaining stakeholder consensus and alignment for IT, application, or workforce transformation initiatives is challenging. Each stakeholder brings their own perspective, based on each person’s role in the organization. Business executives and technology executives often “don’t speak the same language.” The different views result in no “big picture” vision, or a complete view in which all stakeholders agree upon the end state.
ProConsult Advisory services use our proven, proprietary AS-IS/TO-BE metholodgy to gain consensus across an organization’s siloed stakeholders and deliver and easy-to-reference pictorial transformation plan, complete with a roadmap and business benefits, in six weeks or less.
More detailed information about our AS-IS/TO-BE methodology can be found on InFocus – the Dell Technologies Services blog.
ProConsult Advisory services are available in three sizes – Base, Core, and Plus – across the Dell Technologies Consulting portfolio of IT, Application and Workforce transformation. Each size is designed to meet the needs of organizations, from the simplest to the most complex while addressing:
- Lack of the right in-house skills and expertise – Our most senior consultants leverage best practices and experiences developing transformation programs for similar firms in the customer’s industry.
- Information overload – We filter out the noise to provide the customer with a concisely documented deliverable with AS-IS and TO-BE states, concrete next steps, and the business benefits.
- Lack of senior support and sponsorship – We bring siloed stakeholders together to build consensus.
- Lack of a coherent strategy and vision – Our AS-IS/TO-BE deliverable provides a ‘big picture’ view upon which all organizations can agree and track status
Expectations of IT organizations are ever increasing whereas IT leaders watch their budgets remain flat or even decline. The digital future is here and requires more than technology. It requires a thoughtful, multi-year strategy that takes into consideration people, process and technology. Learn more today on how Dell technologies Consulting can help you get started by visiting dellemc.com/ProConsultAdvisory.