Being an entrepreneur is about doing your own thing and getting business done. It’s about using technology to grow, achieve success and realize business dreams. It’s about doing what you love and loving what you do.
The roots of our business still resemble that entrepreneurial spirit that started everything in a dorm room a couple of decades ago. This spirit helps Dell understand the needs of small business professionals, and that is why we created the Vostro brand; the first PC brand designed exclusively for small businesses. That is why I am thrilled to announce the latest members of the Vostro family: the Vostro 3000 series – range of 4 new thin, lightweight and durable laptop computers that feature powerful processors, high-end graphics and built-in security.
Today’s SMBs and entrepreneurs want laptops that are powerful and attractive, and the new Vostro 3000 series was designed to meet and exceed both those needs.
For the most demanding tasks, the Vostro 3000 series sports the latest powerful Intel Core processor technology, including, the optional, industry’s first Core i7 Quad Core processor for small businesses available on the 17-inch Vostro 3700.
For those that demand portability and productivity, the Vostro 3300 is one of the industry’s thinnest commercial 13" laptop with an integrated optical drive.
For those that can’t afford to be chained to their desks, the 14-inch Vostro 3400 offers a full day of mobile productivity with up to 8 hours of battery life with an optional 9-cell battery.
The Vostro 3000 series joins several new Vostro laptops and desktops that Dell has launched over the last year to serve the distinctive needs of small businesses. Whether it’s our recently announced, super dependable Vostro 230 or future-proof and powerful Vostro 430 desktops, or the ultra-thin Vostro V13 laptop, Vostro products are designed to help small businesses stretch their budget and protect their data – plus, they come with dedicated small business services and support to keep a small business moving.
The Vostro 3000 series delivers in a package that entrepreneurs will be proud to show off in the airport or the boardroom. Key features include:
- Stay in Touch: With the integrated webcam and microphone, users can make Internet calls, conduct video conferences and remotely exchange files to help increase productivity.
- Always Be Connected: Users can go wireless with a full range of connectivity options: 802.11g/n wireless LAN, Bluetooth, and WWAN mobile broadband.
- Memory to Spare: Run Windows® 7 effortlessly while performing everyday tasks quickly with support for up to 6GB of DDR3 SDRAM memory.
- Protect Your Work: Keep your critical data under lock and key with optional finger print reader and full-data-encrypted hard drives.
- Set & Forget" Online Data Protection: Easy, secure and automated Dell DataSafe online backup protects and helps recover business-critical data.
- Coverage Now and Later: Users can extend their basic Limited Hardware Warranty from 1-3 years to stay covered into the future.
- Remote On-Call Support: Small businesses can get help when they need it with DellConnect, which allows tech-support agents to troubleshoot and help resolve system issues remotely.
- ProSupport to Simplify IT: Businesses can choose their own level of 24×7 IT support with optional Dell ProSupportTM services.
For those eager to get their hands on the machines, the products will be available direct and through select Dell partners. Some of these laptops are already offered in parts of Asia Pacific and Japan and the US starting today, and will be available in Europe from next week (at prices starting from $579).
Check out the set on our Flickr page to see all the images of the Vostro 3000 series.