Dell World is in full swing and one of our most exciting launches was announced at this morning’s press conference: the Dell PowerEdge FX2, a flexible converged infrastructure solution that marries the best of racks and blades.
To celebrate this we teamed up with our friends at Intel to host a scavenger hunt all day today on Twitter, and we are giving away some pretty awesome prizes to the winners. If you’re here at Dell World, we hope you’ll join in the fun and maybe learn a little something about the FX2 in the process!
Now, here’s how to play:
This is a Twitter-based contest, and many of the scavenger hunt items can only be found at the Austin Convention Center.
All Tweets MUST contain the #FX2 hashtag AND the #DellWorld hashtag.
The winners will be notified by 7 PM on November 5th via the @DellServers Twitter handle. All prizes will be awarded in person at Dell World.
The following 10 items must appear in your Twitter stream (in any order) BEFORE 5 PM C.S.T. on November 5th:
- Find the #FX2 on the expo floor and take a #Dellfie with it (this tweet must contain hashtags #Dellfie, #FX2 and #DellWorld) (a “Dellfie” is a photo of yourself with a Dell product)
- List one fact from, and tweet a link to, Ashley Gorakhpurwalla’s blog introducing #FX2
- Tweet a link to the #FX2 product page
- Tweet the dimensions of the #FX2 chassis enclosure (without rack ears)
- Tweet a fact from, and a link to the Networking blog about #FX2
- Attend a session that covers #FX2, tweet the session number and one fact from the session
- Take a selfie with an Intel Rep on the expo floor
- Find a video on YouTube about the #FX2. Tweet one fact about the video, and a link to the video.
- Tweet a link to a news article or blog about #FX2 (not on a Dell property)
- Name a customer that co-presented on #FX2 at Dell World
And I know you want to hear about the prizes!
The first two people to complete all 10 items win the Grand Prize: a Venue 8 tablet and a $50 Amazon gift card
The next 10 Runners Up get $50 Amazon gift card
And the following 10 runners up get $25 Starbucks gift card
Good luck to all of you, and may the best Tweeter win!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years or older. Ends 11/05/2014. To enter and for Official Rules, including prize descriptions, visit http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/dell4enterprise/b/dell4enterprise/archive/2014/11/05/dw-treasure-hunt. Void where prohibited.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY. DO NOT PROCEEED IN THIS SITE IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES.
1. Eligibility: FX2 Twitter Scavenger Hunt (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Dell, Inc. and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Government employees including all federal, state, county, city or municipal government employees, state funded universities and colleges, all types of public officials including elected officials, private individual or firms where the Government has outsourced Government functions, and K-12 employees are not eligible. Employees of the City of New York are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Dell Marketing, L.P., One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on 11/05/2014 at 9:05 a.m. ("CT") and ends on 11/05/2014 at 5:00 p.m. CT (the "Contest Period") and consists of the following phases ("Phases"):
Start 11/05/2014 at
End 11/05/2014 at
11/05/2014 at 9.05 a.m.
11/05/2014 at 7.00 p.m.
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: To enter the contest, you must accomplish ALL of the tasks listed at the following link, which will be live beginning at 9:05 AM CST on 11/5/2014: /play-the-fx2-scavenger-hunt-at-dell-world-2014-and-win-a-venue-8/.
Using your personal Twitter account, submit the correct answers for the tasks (in any order) on Twitter. The above link will also contain the conference hashtags, which must be included in every tweet. By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
If you do not have a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com and register in accordance with the instructions for a free Twitter account. Limit: If you post updates to or receive updates from www.twitter.com via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless-service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans. All terms and conditions of www.twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified.
- The Submission must be in tweet format (through Twitter);
- 140 characters in length (including required hashtags);
- The Submission must be in English; and
- The Submission must be original and not copied from other entries.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- The Submission must not feature brand names or trademarks other than Dell's mark, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate into his/her Submission for this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain text not created by entrant;
- The Submission must not contain text that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain text that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
Limit: Each entrant may enter the Contest one (1) time during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or Twitter account in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Entrant must have permission from all individuals mentioned in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute regarding any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
YOUR REPRESENTATIONS: By submitting an Entry, you affirmatively represent that you have read and agree to these Official Rules. In addition, by submitting an Entry, you represent that (a) the Entry is original, (b) you are the sole creator of the Entry, (c) the Entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights, including, any patent, copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights of any third party, (d) the Entry has not previously been entered in any other contest or competition, and (e) the Entry has not been previously published in any medium, (f) the Entry does not violate any local, state, national or foreign laws.
U.S. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT NOTICE
If you believe that your work has been copied in any way without your permission, please provide the following information to our agent to receive Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement identified below. Your notice must contain the following:
- Your electronic or physical signature;
- A description of the work you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the work you claim infringes the copyrighted work and a description of where it is located on the Dell website;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent or by law; and
- A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
6. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the potential winners from among all eligible Submissions received, based on an application of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Time taken to complete all tasks and submit them to Sponsor via Twitter (90%)
- Quality of submission (10%)
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the higher score in the Quality of submission category, as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
7. Winner Requirements: On or around 11/05/2014, the potential winners will be notified on Twitter and must be present at Dell World to collect a prize. Each potential winner (parent/legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and a valid W9 form (for prizes exceeding $600 in retail value), which must be received by Sponsor within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), does not comply with these Official Rules, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up determined by the qualified judges, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
First prize (two winners): Two (2) Dell Venue 8 tablet (ARV: $200) and two (2) Amazon gift cards worth $50
Second prize (ten winners): Ten (10) Amazon gift cards worth $50
Third prize (ten winners): Ten (10) Starbucks gift cards worth $25.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) for all prizes: $1250. The approximate retail value of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
9. Release: By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Dell, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by United States District Court for the Western District of Texas and the Texas State District Court in Williamson County, Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit /play-the-fx2-scavenger-hunt-at-dell-world-2014-and-win-a-venue-8/. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.