We have just completed our November 2014 release, including many new enhancements and features that will improve the use of the online support site for you.
I encourage you to view our release overview video which highlights some of our major enhancements.
The key features include:
- Use My Product Groups to create custom groupings of products that can be used as pick lists for key support functions such as creating and viewing service requests, ordering a part replacement, live chat, and more!
- Use the new product groups feature to configure service request event notifications to better manage who receive notifications for given products and mitigate unwanted email.
- Browse for products from an alphabetic listing as an alternative to the current Find a Product feature, which requires users to know the spelling of the product name they are looking for.
- Use Live Chat to quickly schedule an operating software upgrade, in which case the request will be directed to the team responsible for scheduling and executing the upgrade.
- Visually identify which products are related to an EMC solution, indicated by a blue solution icon, to better support the solution and related products.
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments around the new functionality for Online Support!
Ryan Amin, Online Support SME
Follow us @EMCsupport