Official Rules for the Dellä Earth Tweet SolidWorks World Sweepstakes 2009
NO PURCHASE OR ONLINE ENTRY NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A UNITED STATES RESIDENT.
1. To enter the Earth Tweet SolidWorks World Sweepstakes you must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) and 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Dell Inc. or any partner listed on earthtweet.com and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and individuals providing services to Dell or any partner listed on earthtweet.com through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency and suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of such employee are not eligible. Void where prohibited or restricted. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsored by Dell Marketing U.S.A., L.P. One Dell Way, Round Rock, Texas 78682
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on April 16, 2009 at 8:00am U.S. Central Time and ends on April 25 at Midnight U.S. Central time (the "Promotion Period").
4. How to enter: During the Promotion Period , participants must enter a statement about the environment on Twitter.com using the hashtag “#earthtweet”
5. Potential winner will be determined by a random drawing conducted by a Dell Inc. representative on Friday, May 1, 2009. The potential winner will be contacted via Twitter and required to provide an email address and phone number. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail or by phone on or about Wednesday, May 6, 2009. The potential winner will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and return it to Dell within fourteen (14) days of receipt. Failure to do so within fourteen (14) days of receipt of such Affidavit and Release will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Once completed, the Affidavit and Release can be mailed to Michelle Mosmeyer, Dell Marketing U.S.A. L.P., One Dell Way, RR1-45, Round Rock, Texas 78682or a copy can be faxed to 512-283-2418, Attn: Michelle Mosmeyer. Once eligibility has been verified and Dell receives the final completed Affidavit and Release, Dell will ship the prize, at no charge, to the winner to a United States address. Dell and its agencies shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. One (1) potential winner will be awarded one (1)DellTM Studio 15 laptop, estimated retail value of prize is $1,000, but subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the consumer marketplace. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash equivalent is permitted. Dell reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winner is responsible for federal and state income taxes on any prize received, and must furnish Dell with his/her social security number. If winner is a government employee, prize will be awarded to the governmental agency represented by the individual entrant.
7. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify a winner’s consent to the use of his/her name, address (city and state only), voice and/or photograph for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation. By registering to enter the Sweepstakes, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. 8. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failure or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal law, and should an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware failure or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; 95) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that the entry Period has not ended. If the Sweepstakes is canceled, suspended or modified, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prizes claims.
10. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by United States District Court for the Western District of Texas and the Texas State District Court in Williamson County, Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
11. By entering you are opting to receive Dell marketing communications, but can opt out at any time. See www.dell.com/privacy or a Dell representative at the booth for more information.
12. To obtain a list of the names of the Sweepstakes winners, send a written request, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, by Wednesday, May 17, 2009, (Please allow more time to request the winner’s list.) to Dell Marketing U.S.A. L.P., One Dell Way, RR1-45, Round Rock, Texas 78682, Attention: Michelle Mosmeyer.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.), 18 years or older. Ends: 04/25/09. To enter and for Official Rules, including prize descriptions, visit www.earthtweet.com Void where prohibited.