Today, at Dell Enterprise Forum (DEF) in Frankfurt, we announced a number of new enhancements to our Dell Storage portfolio, rolling out the next phase of our continuing strategy to make enterprise storage more powerful, practical, and cost-effective.
Dell Compellent Storage Center 6.5 builds on key performance and automation advancements of previous releases to extend the benefits of Dell’s “intelligent data placement” technology to address even more customer deployment requirements– eliminating traditional tradeoffs between server performance and advanced SAN capabilities.
With Storage Center 6.5 and new Dell Fluid Cache for SAN:
- Hot data moves closer to servers to increase the speed of applications
- Cold storage is compressed to become even more cost-effective
- Data is made easier to manage, more highly available, and more secure
Each enhancement increases the scope and range of the overall solution, taking Dell’s proven “right data in the right place, at the right time, for the right cost” technology approach to new levels. Available in late May, Storage Center 6.5 helps maximize your storage dollar, with new solutions targeting diverse environments including:
- High-performance clustered servers for VDI, OLTP, ERP, analytics, etc.
- Large corporations with need for departmental segmentation and control
- Secure installations, including Government, Healthcare, Financial, Education
- Multi-tenancy environments, such as cloud and internet service providers
New and existing customers alike will benefit from the increased performance, automated efficiency and cost-savings value of our most full-featured Storage Center release to date.
On behalf of the storage team here at Dell, I invite you to keep in touch with us through Facebook and Twitter. We want to hear your thoughts, because they continue to inspire us to drive storage innovations that redefine the economics of enterprise storage.