The offer just keeps getting better…
Market figures – and portfolio convergence
We have seen great momentum in the market – Dell EMC Midrange Storage has had a strong product cadence over the last 12 months, a great customer loyalty program, and rich channel programs. “Midrange storage revenue, which accounted for nearly 55% of total external storage revenue in 1Q18, grew 17% year-over-year reaching $3.4B according to IDC. In 1Q18 Dell Inc. gained 4% share in midrange storage revenue compared to the year-ago quarter.¹” It’s clear, Midrange storage is the place to be.
“Since the merger almost two years ago, we’ve delivered major midrange portfolio updates, adding significant new features to both Dell EMC Unity and SC Series storage arrays, demonstrating the power of what we can do together to delight our customers,” said Jeff Boudreau, President, Dell EMC Storage.
Unity OE 4.4 and SCOS 7.3 – new features
And there is more: we continue to invest in both platforms with new updates to Unity OE 4.4 and SCOS 7.3 – powerful new non-disruptive features at no additional cost that can be managed by CloudIQ (cloud-based analytics and monitoring) and are designed to give your customers even more confidence in their Dell EMC investments. Here is the scoop:
SCOS 7.3 enhancements deliver more power, functionality and manageability:
- Game changing performance boost across all SC platforms (All-Flash and Hybrid): All SC arrays have 2x MAX IOPS performance increase & 50-100K IOPS increase in real world
- ‘Manage anywhere’ simplicity
- CloudIQ support for cloud-based analytics and monitoring
- Easier, more cost-effective upgrades and expansion
- More enterprise-class efficiency and availability
Unity OE 4.4 provides a more complete replication story. It delivers a rich set of new features, enhanced performance, and exceptional quality including:
- MetroSync for Dell EMC Unity – leveraging NAS for critical data and applications
- Two-way NDMP – providing direct data transfer to the tape library unit, and significant improvements to backup times
- Third-party data migration – Consolidated storage and reduced management
- Security enhancements – LDAP/AD features and capabilities to improve scalability and performance
- Unity has now shipped 1 exabyte of flash storage
“With this release, we’re driving innovation across our entire midrange portfolio to deliver huge performance improvements, easier management, better security and greater efficiencies. We’re helping our customers modernize their data centers and solve their top business challenges.” – Jeff Boudreau.
It all adds up to an offer with momentum that shows no signs of slowing down. So why not ride that wave?
We have a rich arsenal of tools for you to reference and use for more information:
- IDC Whitepaper: Midrange Customers Demand High-End Functionality at Affordable Prices
- Overview Teaser Video
- Customer Reaction Video
- Announcement Article
- Press Release
- Unity 4.4 Blog
- SCOS 7.3 Blog
- Dell EMC SCOS 7.3 – SC Series Enablement Center
- Dell EMC Unity OE 4.4, visit the Dell EMC Unity Knowledge Center