Not too long ago, I went to the European Patent Office (EPO) in Munich, Germany, where we were shooting a video. Despite the freezing temperatures outside, I found a warm office environment with plenty of natural light and people busily working at smart-looking desktops or moving around with modern laptops tucked under their arms. It all spelt calm, cool efficiency. Still, when I heard the challenges that EPO had faced managing its vast estate of client devices, I quickly realised that calm, cool efficiency doesn’t happen without innovation.
In the past, there was the pain of investment peaks every three or four years when large numbers of its 9,500 desktops and laptops came to the end of their lifecycles. Then, there was the time and money spent managing multiple suppliers, completing deployments, configuring software, disposing of equipment and supporting the machines. Hear more from EPO and how they successfully tackled these challenges enabled by Dell Managed Services and Dell Financial Services.
Some key benefits:
- Managed Deployment helps roll out desktops around 78 per cent faster than previous deployments
- Configuration services save two full-time equivalents (FTEs)
- Managed Client Services cuts costs by around 35 per cent
- Energy Smart machines cut power use by around 30 per cent
- Savings from Asset Recovery Services boost IT investment
- Investment peaks avoided by leasing its client devices from Dell Financial Services, thus spreading payments
Read more about the EPO story.