We’ve got a lot to talk about at Microsoft TechEd North America this week (a good run-down of our presence at the event can be found in this blog). In addition to our booth presentations highlighting Dell virtualization management, systems management and cloud offerings, we have recently introduced some new white papers and reference architectures supporting many of the solutions featured at the show. So if you can’t join us in Houston, you can still take advantage of some of these helpful resources:
- “Accelerate SQL Server 2012 OLTP Database Performance with Dell Fluid Cache for SAN” Dell’s Fluid Cache for SAN has generated a lot of excitement among customers since it was announced last month. This whitepaper shows how customers can run Microsoft SQL Server on this enterprise application acceleration solution to reduce the cost per user by up to 56%, handle 2.5 times more transactions per second, and reduce average response times by 86 percent.
- “Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Performance and Scalability on Dell PowerEdge R920 Servers with the Intel Xeon processor E7 v2 family and Solid State Drives” This white paper demonstrates how Dell’s highest performing server, the PowerEdge R920, can run a single instance of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 to support an enterprise implementation of 150,000 concurrent users while achieving response times under one second.
- “Microsoft SQL Server 20102 Fast Track 30TB Reference Architecture Using R720 and Compellent SC8000” This white paper describes the architectural design principles and guidelines used to achieve an optimally balanced SQL Server data warehouse solution using Dell PowerEdge R720 and Compellent SC8000 storage arrays along with Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
All three of the above documents can be found on the Dell Tech Center SQL Solutions page. Customers running Microsoft SQL Server on Dell technology are encouraged to take advantage of the great resources of SQL solutions that the folks at Dell Tech Center have pulled together.
For customers employing Unified Communications and Collaboration solutions, here are some recent white papers you won’t want to miss:
- Dell PowerVault MD3260 15,000 Mailbox Resiliency Exchange 2013 Storage Solution Discover how Dell’s latest Exchange 2013 Storage Solution built on Dell PowerVault MD3260 Storage array and PowerEdge R620 can help meet the high-performance messaging requirements of your organization. This solution combines the Dell PowerVault MD3260 storage array resiliency and performance features with Microsoft Exchange 2013 Data Availability (DAG) storage resiliency to provide a robust messaging solution for up to 15000 mailboxes with 4GB size.
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 on Dell PowerEdge R620 with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V This white paper showcases how the processing power, memory and 1U form factor, of the Dell PowerEdge R620 server make it an efficient and powerful rack-based building block for deploying and virtualizing enterprise applications, such as Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
And if you’re at the show, be sure to stop by the Dell booth to say “howdy,” and enter to win the powerful Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. We hope to see you there!