This post is going to be short and sweet as I head out for some paternity leave – not exactly R & R, but close enough.
If you’re just joining the party, and you don’t know what InsightIQ is – read this first. In short, it’s the sexiest enterprise storage analytics platform not quite on the market today (imho).
I’m very happy to “announce” (this remains a social media only launch thus far) the second Preview Edition of InsightIQ – code-named “Lightning” (sexy, right?).
I’ve had some fantastic participation from our customers in this preview period to date, with more than 100 participants in the initial go-round. Not only are customers downloading it, but they’re giving us feedback – which is what I had hoped to see.
Preview Edition 2 is less about new features and more about polish and performance:
- Improved Data Store – up to 90% less storage required for InsightIQ historical information
- Local VM Data Store by Default – NFS is still an option, but a local DS improves interoperability
- Parallel Chart Loading and other GUI performance improvements – ZIPPY!
- More interactions – double-click to zoom, click-n-drag, etc.
- Bookmarked view – for showing your CIO just how great the Isilon is performing.
If you’re already a PE1 user, the data store is not upgradeable; that’s just one of those pre-release caveats. That said, you can run the two side-by-side and compare, or stick with PE1 until you see more features you’re interested in.
If you’re not running InsightIQ – why not? Free trial, virtual machine, direct engineering feedback…