As we gear up for Dell Technologies World Digital Experience this week, I can’t help but look back on our customers’ incredible journeys and successes from the year. Even in the face of obstacles and massive change, our customers have been able to fulfill their missions.
I’m inspired by their accomplishments. I hope these examples inspire you, too.
- Keeping grocery stores running: Practically overnight, U.S-based grocery chain Albertsons enabled more than 1,000 call center and store employees, who have vital roles in solving technical problems for Albertsons’ check-out systems and pharmacies, to work from home. Dell provided them with PCs, monitors, peripherals and support services to ensure they could keep serving customers while maintaining social distancing policies.
- Shifting retail to remote work: Brazil-based retailer Grupo Boticario addressed a dual challenge as COVID-19 spread: How to enable 3,000 employees to work remotely while continuing to serve customers online. Dell helped the company quickly shift to remote work, armed with Dell EMC servers, more than 1,000 laptops, and configuration, deployment and support services. Grupo Boticario was able to maintain the performance and stability it needed even during peak demand.
- Delivering industrial innovation at the edge: Dell and Software AG worked with SMC Corporation in Germany on a Smart Field Analytics solution to bridge the gap in factories between data detection and data capture. Software AG Cumulocity IoT Edge, powered by Dell, helps customers connect and visualize their industrial assets, perform analytics and integrate data sets between existing IT systems. This allows them to easily conduct predictive maintenance, leakage detection and energy efficiency monitoring.
- Fueling data and analytics: Insurance Australia Group (IAG) is Australia’s largest general insurer, with more than 13,000 employees and approximate revenue of $13 billion. The company turned to Dell EMC PowerFlex to help them power next-generation big data workloads within their private cloud. PowerFlex delivers the scalability, stability, resiliency and performance needed to support their leading-edge applications.
- Bringing modern power to life with edge solutions: Taiwan Power Company generates, transmits, distributes and sells reliable and eco-friendly electricity across Taiwan while adhering to national energy policies. Taiwan Power Company launched a large-scale project to install smart meters to modernize their operations and selected Greenbird’s Utilihive to simplify managing data between the metering systems and the operational analytics platforms. The power company chose to use Utilihive, a cloud-native, digital integration platform powered by Dell EMC PowerEdge servers, at edge locations. The project’s initial rollout consisted of 1.2 million households and was completed in only five months.
With so many incredible stories to share, we’re excited for you to join us this week – Oct. 21 and 22 – for Dell Technologies World Digital Experience. We’re looking forward to demonstrating how we are here to help customers, and our vision for how technology is reshaping our world.