OpenStack Summit is a premier event in the open source world and for the first time the Summit is being held in Asia – in Hong Kong – November 5 – 8, 2013. This is the 9th OpenStack Summit and Dell continues to be a key contributor and OpenStack community leader as we have since the OpenStack foundation was formed.
Here is all the session and event activity detail you will need to make your Summit experience the best it can be – there is a LOT planned! Make sure to register for the events that interest you – space is filling up fast. You can view the entire OpenStack Summit Schedule here.
Crowbar Developer Community Meetup – Monday, November 4, 2013, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (HKT), SkyCity Marriott – SkyZone Meeting Room – Join Dell, dotCloud, SUSE and others for a lively technical session to review and discuss the latest updates, advantages and future plans for the Crowbar Operations Platform. You can expect to see some live code demos, and participate in a review of the results of a recent Crowbar hackathon. Confirm your seat here – space is limited!
Sign up now for these Dell sessions and panel discussions – click the topic titles to add to your schedule…
- Tues. Nov 5 at 12:05–12:45 p.m. | Expo Breakout Room 1 OpenStack Architecture for the Enterprise – details how the Dell architecture is constructed and deployed to keep total cost of ownership low.
- Tues. Nov 5 at 2:00 p.m. | Expo Breakout Room 1 The OpenStack APIs – will dive into how the APIs function in the real world across different deployments.
- Wed. Nov 6, from 7:45 – 8:45 a.m. Breakfast with the Board in the Asia World Expo – Summit Lobby – Come and meet the OpenStack Foundation Board members live and in person – including Dell’s own OpenStack solution strategist Joseph George, and cloud developer Rob Hirschfeld
- ** Must attend session** Wed. Nov 6, from 1:00 to 1:15 p.m. | Dell Expo Hall Sponsor Demo Theater Dell OpenStack Cloud with Inktank Ceph – A large-scale customer deployment – learn around a unique Ceph deployment at a large nationally recognized American University.
- Thurs. Nov 7 at 9:50 a.m. | Expo Breakout Room 1 Panel on OpenStack in the Enterprise: Customers Prove It – Learn how our customers are making the transition to OpenStack cloud and how cloud addresses a variety of requirements.
- Thurs. Nov 7 at 3:30 p.m. | Expo Breakout Room 1 Panel on Application Portability – A review of the different approaches to application portability, API compatibility, and multi-cloud SDKs.
Please join Dell and Intel for the premier networking and social event @OpenStack Summit 2013 on Tuesday November 5, 2013 from 6:30 – 8:30pm in the SkyCity Bistro – in the Marriott Hotel adjacent to the Asia World Expo. Note: space is very limited, so attendance is by RSVP only. Click this link to RSVP – Don’t delay, register now or risk missing out!
Dell Exhibits – Visit Dell @booth B10, where you can:
- Get the latest updates and demos on Dell CrowBar and Dell OpenStack Cloud solutions
- See a demo on Dell’s open source Firewall-as-a-Service from the Dell SonicWall team
- Check out the Dell PowerEdge C6220, R720XD and C8000 series servers
- Pick up a new favorite – the Dell Took Kit
- Challenge your friends to Ping Pong match!
OpenStack summit attendees are invited to the China Hong Kong OpenStack Meetup and reception @ Hong Kong Cyberport. Details are posted on the event registration page: http://osug.cyberport.hk Time: 15:00 – 17:30 (Meet-up), 17:30 – 19:00 (Cocktail Networking Reception) Venue: Hong Kong Cyberport Campus
OpenStack Summit Event registration information
Registration check-in will be available at Asia World-Expo in the Hall 2 foyer at the following times:
- Monday, Nov 4, 3:00pm-7:00pm
- Tuesday, Nov 5, 7:00am-6:30pm
- Wednesday, Nov 6, 7:00am-6:30pm
- Thursday, Nov 7, 8:30am-6:00pm
- Friday, Nov 8, 8:30am-12:00pm
We will be watching for you at OpenStack Summit in Hong Kong! It’s going to be cool – See you there! If you have questions or would like additional information feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org