To help small and medium businesses thrive in the Virtual Era, today we introduced a guide to help our customers purchase a first server or expand IT infrastructure with new servers.
The guide is about servers made easy and is a roadmap for entrepreneurs. In addition to online resources, we announced two refreshed value servers – the entry-level PowerEdge T110 II and mid-level PowerEdge R210 II. These servers meet the needs of small to mid–sized businesses and branch offices and provide the right balance of performance, flexible features and business value.
Both the PowerEdge T110II and the R210II can help improve business productivity running mainstream business applications with:
- An all-in-one solution: Dell offers a complete business solution including PowerEdge servers, software, services and support from a single point of contact at a competitive price.
- Performance options: The processor options and memory configurations are balanced to run typical business applications such as Windows Small Business Server, SQL Workgroup/Standard, Active Directory, SharePoint and file and print. The updated servers provide up to 30% better performance over prior Intel 3400 series generation processor across multiple workloads including Java applications and up to 5.9x better performance than using a 4 year old desktop. And what’s really great is that these servers provide all of that business performance with the same sound levels as a desktop computer to meet the needs of sound sensitive office environments.
- Built-in collaboration: Dell PowerEdge servers with Microsoft SBS 2011 provide the easiest way for small businesses to get the power of Windows Server 2008 R2 and the products and services for email, collaboration, PC and Server management and security all in one solution that is easy to use and easy to manage.
- Remote access: Lets employees do business anywhere. PowerEdge servers with Microsoft SBS 2011 and Outlook Web Access allow employees to access email from any Internet connected computer.
- Shared access: Share information and applications to allow all employees to work simultaneously. Connect with collaboration suites to meet and share documents or desktops over the Internet, deliver instant messages, make calls over the Internet and share desktops during conference calls
- Simplified Management: With Dell Lifecycle Controller and full OpenManage suite for simplified remote management
Small and medium businesses rely IT to safeguard the data they use every day to operate their businesses. They can improve business continuity with security and data protection features:
- Hardware encryption and security: Avoid costly business interruptions and potentially catastrophic security breaches with hardware-enabled advanced security and encryption features.
- Secure data: Dell PowerEdge server use a Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) to make copies of data automatically to prevent downtime in the event of a hard drive failure.
- Automated backups: Never lose files again with the Microsoft SBS 2011 Standard backup features that let you restore files and recover data and includes automatic backups on PowerEdge servers.
- Software security: Protect company communications and email with built-in anti-malware, anti-spam and anti-phishing features.
To extend the discussion and offer customers real-time advice on how, why and when to invest in a server-based network, customers are invited to join Dell for a Tweet Chat on Monday, April 25, at Noon ET. The Tweet Chat will offer a unique opportunity to Tweet with Dell enterprise expert Antonio Julio and other businesses on this topic. Customers can participate by using hashtag #firstserver.
Let’s continue to listen to these growing customers and ensure our solutions keep pace to meet their ever-changing needs.