EMC World 2013 is rocking and rolling out here in the desert—beyond record-breaking attendance for a value-packed show, we’ve unveiled game-changing product news. What happens in Vegas doesn’t always stay in Vegas, and the offerings we’ve announced are already being anticipated by customers worldwide.
We’ve raised the curtain on solutions one piece at a time, and are summing it up here so that our audiences can see, in one place, the big-picture impact of what we’ll be providing and how it will help customers today and down the road.
- EMC ViPR Software-Defined Storage has been a headline grabber for good reason: it enables service providers and IT departments to build web-scale data centers without investing in thousands of PhD hires, revolutionizing storage virtualization as we know it.
- As a companion to ViPR, EMC put forth the new Service Assurance Suite and updated Storage Resource Management Suite. These management suites share a common interface with ViPR, enabling automation coupled with 360-degree cross-domain visibility.
- EMC is responding to the “transformation squeeze” experienced by IT as they are simultaneously tasked with advancing infrastructures to be more robust, efficient and cost-effective while driving new business value. The answer to this squeeze comes in the form of updates to the OneFS OS for EMC Isilon scale-out NAS. These new updates, which include dedupe and audit enhancements as well as integration with HDFS 2.0, are optimized for cloud, mobile and Big Data workflows.
- VSPEX + VPLEX = continuous availability. Unveiled yesterday, VSPEX with VPLEX eliminates the complexity associated with virtual storage, taking disaster prevention to new levels.
- EMC World is also a coming-out party for the EMC Data Protection Suite, the backup and archive solution now available in a suite that’s easy to purchase, implement and use.
- Syncplicity has seen some serious momentum in the year since being acquired by EMC. What’s new is Syncplicity’s integration with ViPR, as well as the EMC Syncplicity Policy-Driven Hybrid Cloud, which allows IT to set policies for more efficient storage—on or off premise.
- Attention partners: now EMC is offering one brand for all partners. The Velocity program is being retired, and partners will now go to market as an EMC Business Partner.
- Speaking of partners, can you feel the love? EMC and Cisco are celebrating 10 happy years with the availability of the EMC Connectrix MDS-9710 storage networking solution.
- EMC’s Information Intelligence Group has been busy, providing product updates for the Healthcare, Life Sciences and Energy sectors, as well as the EMC Documentum Enterprise Migration Platform Appliance, a fast and cost-effective solution for managing migration projects.
Taken as a whole, these announcements showcase EMC’s commitment to enabling customers to store, manage, analyze and protect data both on premise and in the cloud, today and down the road.
We’d love to hear your impressions of you’ve seen and heard at EMC World—leave your thoughts in the comments!