The Changing Landscape of IT
So many buzzwords have been thrown around the technology space over the past five years: cloud, converged infrastructure, software-defined, Internet of Things, and Big Data, just to name a few. The IT industry has spent a lot of time focusing on those buzzwords and their underlying technologies, but not as much time talking about the bigger picture: the new wave of digital disruption.
Organizations of all sizes are in the midst of a true digital transformation of traditional business processes and models. This transformation is enabled by the interplay of new technologies and the desire to reconfigure how we interact with the world. Simultaneously, it is fundamentally changing the way organizations, governments, business, and the IT industry at large operate to serve their customers and constituents.
In short, the world is shifting to a largely digital-first approach. But all of that takes time. Traditional processes and models just can’t be wiped out. So the big question is, how do you integrate new capabilities and architectures into existing frameworks? How do you move from traditional IT to new IT?
Future of IT Architecture
We’re excited to be talking about our vision for end-to-end enterprise transformation next week at the 2015 Gartner Data Center, Infrastructure & Operations Management Conference (#GartnerDC) in Las Vegas. At Dell, we know that a modern digital strategy is critical for your enterprise to be proactive and avoid risks. Some term this process “disruptive,” but we like to call it being agile. We want to be the enabling force for the future of enterprise IT. The good news is our ability to transform organizations with digital IT solutions goes hand-in-hand with the need to merge current capabilities with future-ready solutions. The transformation to a future-ready IT infrastructure hinges on the following design tenets:
- INTEGRATED: Based on open standards, making it easier to quickly adapt to changing needs
- MODULAR: Cost-effectively scales up, down, or out as workloads and budgets dictate
- AUTOMATED: Simplifies IT operations and service delivery
At the show
Next week be sure to stop by Booth #317 to see these integrated, modular, and automated technologies in action, or attend one of our sessions on topics ranging from the Future-Ready Enterprise to Effective Change Management. And don’t miss our Dell lab demos highlighting transformative solutions for the New Era of IT. There, you’ll hear about our compute-centric and software-driven platforms, Dell’s Blueprint for Big Data solutions, Next-Gen Data Center convergence, the award-winning PowerEdge FX2, and Dell’s leadership in hybrid cloud solutions.
Monday, December 7
- The Future-Ready Enterprise
- Speaker: Matt Baker, yours truly
- 4 – 4:45pm PST Titian 2301A
New business models will require “New IT” approaches. IT practitioners must enable their organization’s digital transformation while balancing the ongoing demands of their Traditional IT environments. Come learn how.
Tuesday, December 8
- The Positive Business Impact of Effective Change Management
- Speaker Scott Sosnowski
- 11:15 – 12pm PST Bassano 2702
- Make change your ally. Learn how Dell’s change management practices administer modifications to the IT environment to minimize risk and achieve expected outcomes. Understanding the IT environment and its changes will be critical to the success of implementing those changes. This roundtable explores how Dell drives proper change management processes for ourselves and our customers.
Wednesday, December 9
- Dell’s Strategy for Integrating Your Legacy Platforms with Private and Public Cloud Solutions
- Speaker Scott Sosnowski
- 3:45 – 4:15 pm Venetian D
- Strike the right balance between the reliability of traditional enterprise IT and the agility of innovation models. Come hear a practical point of view on managing complexities, and how to build out a framework for bimodal IT success.
@ The Dell Booth
- Stop by the Dell booth on the tradeshow floor for a hands-on display of the power of Dell XC Web-scale Converged Appliances. Dell’s enterprise-class, hyper-converged solution for virtualized environments consolidates compute and storage into a one- or two-rack unit footprint. This enables application and virtualization teams to quickly and simply deploy new workloads. The XC Series provides highly granular performance and scalability, and helps to improve IT productivity and lower TCO. Important stuff.
- We know you have a big interest in big data. So we’ll also be showing Dell’s Blueprint for Big Data solutions and laying out our perspective on how to address common Big Data implementations. The Big Data Blueprint includes solutions engineered to support Cloudera |Hadoop environments, real-time analytics with SAP HANA, and Microsoft Analytics Platform System (APS) analytics. It also includes unique solutions for data warehouse optimization and ETL offload featuring reference architectures for deploying Dell |Cloudera | Syncsort platforms. Don’t miss it.
@ Dell Future Ready Social event:
- Connect with Dell SME’s while enjoying beverages, appetizers and great conversation! Stop by the Dell booth to get your name on the list.
- When: 12/8 8-10 PM
- Where: The Tao Loft (in the Venetian.)
It’s all happening in Las Vegas – one of the best places on earth to be social. Whether you’re following along vicariously online or you’re there in person, be sure to follow the #GartnerDC and #Dell hashtags, and stay on top of all the Dell news via the @DellEnterprise @DellServers @DellStorage @DellNetworking and @DellConverged handles, and you can follow methere as well. #GartnerDC is the perfect opportunity to show you in person how our flexible, scalable architectures are accelerating end-to-end digital transformations. I’ll see you there.