Social media continues to change how we communicate, especially when it comes to business. It’s no longer a matter of emailing or calling, individuals and companies are communicating through images, status updates, blogs, video blogs (Vlogs), podcasts, and discussions boards.
To provide insight and help its SMB customers fully harness the power of social media to reach and serve their customers, Dell and Facebook today launched a one-of-a-kind community and guide series “Social Media for Small Business" – http://www.facebook.com/dellsocialmedia.
Social media is becoming an integral part of staying connected to customers but knowing how and what tools to use can be confusing. So, it’s important have a strategy in place and to understand the different uses of each tool.
The new Dell community provides great insight on how its SMB customers can leverage social media to expand their business:
- Guides on how to use blogs, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, “crowdsourcing” and more to cost-effectively reach and serve the “Connected Era;”
- “Screencast” introductions to social-media tools like Technorati, Netvibes and WordPress;
- A discussion board to spark conversation and idea sharing;
- Best-practice sharing including a featured SMB of the week; and
- SMB deals and news from Dell Small and Medium Business.
Check out the community and share and learn new ways of using social media in business. Read more on this partnership in Jennifer Davis' post on Direct2Dell.