Today, EMC announced updates to EMC Data Domain deduplication storage systems and EMC SourceOne archiving software, changing the data protection game by delivering enhanced backup and archiving performance and efficiency, an expanded partner ecosystem, and reduced cost and complexity.
There is no more important job for an IT department than protecting its company’s data. But IT faces the Herculean task of ensuring that data is both RECOVERABLE and ACCESSIBLE for as long as needed, all while dealing with limited resources and flat budgets. That’s why EMC delivers data protection solutions for backup AND archiving, helping organizations address their recoverability and accessibility requirements while reducing cost and complexity through consolidation.
Today’s announcement expands Data Domain’s market leadership in the purpose-built-backup-appliance market, delivering:
- Oracle optimized deduplication – enabling customers to easily integrate Data Domain into multiplexed Oracle RMAN deployments while maximizing deduplication rates.
- Data Domain Boost over Fibre Channel – enabling faster, more efficient backup and simplified management in Fibre Channel environments.
- Enhanced Data Domain Boost for Symantec NetBackup – simplifying cross-domain disaster recovery and file system backup in NetBackup environments.
- New Data Domain Boost Support for Dell NetVault Backup – delivering 50% faster and more efficient backup and disaster recovery in Dell NetVault Backup environments.
Check out Data Domain’s market leading backup application ecosystem:
Data Domain systems are also making big waves in archiving. As the first and only inline deduplication solution optimized for consolidating backup and archive data on a single system, Data Domain systems deliver unbeatable TCO:
- 3x Faster Ingest Performance – ensuring quick and efficient archiving and accelerated archive storage migrations from legacy archive platforms to Data Domain systems.
- Expanded Archive Application Support – including integration with EMC Documentum and IBM InfoSphere Optim.
Data Domain systems can now be deployed with over 16 archiving applications, a few of which are highlighted below:
Today’s announcement also reflects EMC’s commitment to archiving software. EMC SourceOne 7 is a milestone achievement including enhancements for file, email, and SharePoint archiving, including:
- Faster Performance – new indexing engine, support for Office 2010, and support for over 40 additional file types.
- New File System Archiving – in-place indexing and tiered storage options reduce primary storage costs and allow for discovery of content regardless of location.
- Enhanced Reporting, Auditing, and Monitoring – offers detailed auditing and reporting for all of the content types stored in the archive, and provides tighter integration with system management tools.
We’re also announcing major enhancements to EMC SourceOne Discovery Manager including faster performance, a new GUI, expanded content support, enhanced auditing and reporting!
Now customers have one solution for all their archiving and discovery needs:
We’re not the only ones excited about this news, check out what our customers and partners are saying by clicking on the quotes below: