Consider these staggering statistics* currently faced by IT organizations:
- Hourly estimated cost of downtime for computer networks is $42,000 and the average amount of downtime per year is 87 hours – costing companies $3.6 million annually
- Annual data loss cost US businesses $18.2 billion
- IT spending per employee is substantially lower than 2008/2009 levels and at $12,350 dropped 2.9% in 2010
IT departments are also feeling pressure from their internal employees, external customers and partners to deliver ever more complex solutions faster and with less budget. Many of these IT teams are turning to cloud computing as the answer to their challenges; however, the management of these solutions requires even more sophisticated tools.
To overcome these significant challenges and enable a smoother transition, Dell is now offering a new service based on our vast experience in operational excellence and management of global datacenters and clouds. Dell Managed Cloud Servers proactively monitors and manages cloud servers for IT customers to ensure efficiency, security, up-time, and overall quality. Some of the features available in this service:
- 24×7 monitoring of cloud VMs and proactive notification
- L1,L2, & L3 support, diagnosis, and resolution
- Proactive maintenance including OS patch deployment
- Service portal, designated account manager, and status reports
Dell Managed Services is currently taking early adopters before a formal service launch later this year. If you are interested in this service or learning more about Dell’s services for cloud infrastructure, please contact Naresh Venkat on Dell Managed Cloud Team.
– Dell: http://en.community.dell.com/dell-groups/dell_it_efficiency_metrics/w/overall_it_performance_metrics/1338.aspx
– Gartner: http://www.networkworld.com/careers/2004/0105man.html
– Graziado Business Review: http://gbr.pepperdine.edu/2010/08/the-cost-of-lost-data/#_ednref15
– Gartner, IT Metrics: IT Spending and Staffing Report, 2011