Our first-ever Dell World 2011 event is quickly approaching and we’ve developed a mobile app to help you keep track of the conference schedule, stream related content, engage with live presentations and compete against other attendees for virtual points and special badges. Since we’re committed to connecting with customers across all platforms, the Dell World app runs on Android, iOS, Windows Phone 7, and any other platforms with web browsers. InformationWeek previously provided a pretty good overview of the app’s functionality back in September, and today the Android and iOS versions are available for download here. (The Windows Phone 7 version is coming soon—I’ll keep you posted. now available.) You will have access to the following interactive features:
- Agenda – Events schedule with real-time notifications
- QR Scan – Earn points and badges by scanning your phone’s camera over QR codes of people and places to download related content. There will be over 300 QR codes located all around the Austin Convention Center.
- Journeys – Follow step-by-step instructions on where to go to learn about topics like cloud computing, mobility, data storage, and social media. Earn points and badges for attending.
- Networking – Access your virtual business card, so new connections can scan the QR code and download your contact information
- Real-Time Feedback – Engage with presentations live by rating topics and speakers and responding to survey questions. Fast Company notes the live ratings aspect as one of the app’s most interesting features. Conference organizers can use this real-time feedback to adjust session content accordingly throughout the event.
- Help – Call or text the Dell World concierge for anything you need during the conference
- Topics – Organizes content so you can browse related information in one place
- Content – Available as audio, video, PDF, web content, or any Microsoft Office Format
- Stream/Download – Stream video and audio content or download for offline viewing
- Share – Recognizes social apps available to share content.
You can download the Dell World mobile app by clicking on the image below, choosing Download it Now in the lower left corner and choosing the appropriate version:
Feel free to leave feedback on the Dell World mobile app experience by commenting on this post or through our @Direct2Dell twitter account. Hope to see you there!
Update: The Windows Phone 7 version of the Dell World Mobile App is now available for download here.