Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
As the largest company, in terms of revenue, to go from public to private, Michael Dell is now referring to the organization as the “world’s largest start-up.”
American Red Cross
The Red Cross Digital Operations center, based on Dell’s social media command center, helped to save lives during Hurricane Sandy.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Inside Job – Dealing with Internal Data Breaches – Oct 25, 2013
While much attention is paid to data breaches originating from external sources, breaches from internal sources, whether deliberate or accidental, cost businesses millions of dollars per year. Tim Sedlack, senior product manager, Dell, has offered guidance on implementing compliance practices to help deal with the threat of internal data breaches.
An effective CMO-CIO partnership is invaluable to business success. Dell’s CMO Karen Quintos and CIO Andi Karaboutis have discussed the importance of collaboration between marketing and IT to better serve customers.
Dell to Demo 64-Bit ARM-Based 'Copper' Server – Oct 28, 2013
Highlighting the readiness of 64-bit ARM technology to enable customers to power real world workloads including storage and Web front-end environments, Dell will demonstrate a 64-bit ARM server at ARM TechCon this week.
Dell Extends Security Reach to Cloud Applications – Oct 23, 2013
As part of its Connected Security initiative, Dell Software has introduced four new products including the One Identity Cloud Access Manager, SonicWALL NSA 2600, Change Auditor 6.0 and InTrust 10.7.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell Posts (Oct 26 – Nov 1)
- New Dell UltraSharp Monitors Deliver Phenomenal Screen Performance and Clarity for an Impressive Viewing Experience
- New Dell SonicWALL Enterprise-Class Next-Gen Firewall for SMBs
- Momentum for Dell NAS solutions accelerates with the FluidFS v3 and FS8600
- Message to IT on the Cloud – Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way
- Should you move to Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)? [INFOGRAPHIC]
Press Release(s) (Oct 26 – Nov 1)
- Dell Announces Extension Of Tender Offer For Outstanding Options Under 2002 and 2012 Long-Term Incentive Plans
- Dell Completes Go-Private Transaction