Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Thomas Cook bookings soar thanks to Dell Quest app monitoring – Techworld, February 8, 2013
Consumers, leery to engage with companies online in the early days of social networking, are increasingly comfortable engaging in social. In fact, a growing number have come to expect a certain level of service when interacting with companies online.
DELL CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT
Peak Hosting (pdf document)
Peak Hosting reduces critical support tickets by 90 percent with Dell remote management solution.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Dell Named as a Top Company for Executive Women – Direct2Dell, February 7, 2013
Dell has made its debut among the Top 50 Companies for Executive Women by the National Association for Female Executives, which recognizes U.S. companies for commitment to female leadership.
Dell PowerEdge R720 12G Review – StorageReview.com, February 5, 2013
The Dell PowerEdge R720 12G was praised as the “best performing server on the market in its class,” offering the fastest storage platform in a 2U form factor.
How Dell Computer's Philly-born President Learned to Sell – Philly.com, January 30, 2013
President and Chief Commercial Officer Steve Felice discusses his background prior to joining Dell, Dell’s evolution from PC vendor to end-to-end solutions provider, the company’s acquisition of Boomi and the next generation of entrepreneurs.
Becoming and Maintaining PCI Compliance – Retail Online Integration
Payment card industry (PCI) security breaches can cause irreparable damage to retailers of all sizes. Dell SecureWorks shared its insight on how the risk of a breach can be cut by up to 47 percent through achieving and maintaining PCI compliance.
10 Trends Driving IT Security Spending In 2013 – CRN, February 6, 2013
As cyber threats constantly evolve and change, IT solution providers – along with their customers – must remain vigilant. With that in mind, Dell SonicWALL recently released its annual list of 2013 security trends, along with tips on how to avoid these threats in your network.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell POSTS (Feb 2 – Feb 8)
- Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook now available with full HD display option
- Performance and Efficiency for Data Center and Campus Networks
- Extending award-winning systems management to tablets and smartphones!
- Social entrepreneurship for students, by students
- Introducing the New S4820T: Choose the combination of performance and cost that is right for you
Press Release(s) (Feb 2 – Feb 8)
- Dell Networking Helps Accelerate Deployment of 10 Gigabit Virtualized and Cloud Data Centers with New Switching Platform and SDN Capabilities
- Dell Software Solution Helps Travel Agency’s Online Performance Soar
- Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology Selects Dell to Build Three-Petabyte Storage Infrastructure, Supporting High Performance and Capacity Needs of Institute’s Research
- Dell Enters Into Agreement to Be Acquired By Michael Dell and Silver Lake
- Dell Closes the Loop on VM Life Cycle Management with Foglight vOPS Standard 6.5
- Six Reasons to Empower SharePoint ‘Citizen Developers’