Dell Weekly Recap: News & Product Spotlight
Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Addressing the need for technology that suits the changing way people live and work today, Dell has unveiled a new family of tablets and laptops that deliver a combination of cutting–edge, ultra-thin design with leading performance and quality.
Texas Tech University System
A datacenter modernization has enhanced the learning experience at Texas Tech University for more than 48,000 students, professors and staff using Dell storage and server enterprise solutions.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Cloud Vendors Shore Up Security as HIPAA Omnibus Deadline Passes – Sept 25, 2013
The deadline for compliance with the new U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Omnibus rule has passed. Martin Edwards, HIPAA compliance officer for Dell Services healthcare and life sciences and Tim Sedlack, senior product manager at Dell Software provide insight as to how this impacts IT vendors, including Dell.
An idiot’s guide to DevOps – Sept 30, 2013
The term DevOps makes very little sense to anyone who does not work in a very specific part of the technology sector. Barton George, director cloud developer programs, Dell Services, discussed the importance of DevOps and how businesses can really benefit from recruiting a DevOps specialist.
What Going Private Means for Marketing at Dell – Oct 1, 2013
Dell’s transition to a privately owned company means it’s important for the company to stay close to its customers and use customer insights to make the best decisions for the brand. Allison Dew, Global vice president of Marketing, Dell, outlined what being a private company means for the Dell Marketing organization moving forward.
Companies that have yet to transition from Windows XP to Windows 7 or 8 are at risk if they fail to formulate a migration strategy. Organizations can follow best practice guidelines from Dell Software to simplify the move and to understand what has to be done ahead of next year’s end-of-life date.
Dell updates private cloud to become PCI compliant – Oct 1, 2013
Designed to increase an organization’s security and manageability options on the cloud, the Dell are offering enhancements to their Cloud offering to help businesses running on a private cloud to better meet the challenges associated with operational continuity, security and compliance.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell Posts (Sept 28 – Oct 4)
- Did you hear the buzz from NYC? Blame it on the #DellVenue Launch
- New Dell Imaging Solutions Combine Cloud Document Sharing Services and Smart Features for Better Collaboration
- Bringing digital tech to American manufacturers
- Dell Continues Expansion of Direct Financing Across Europe
- Getting the most from virtualization
Press Release(s) (Sept 28 – Oct 4)
- Dell Completes Regulatory Clearance for Merger Transaction
- Dell Services Raises the Bar for Private Cloud Customers with New On-Premise Cloud Management, Security and Business Continuity Services
- Dell Software Speeds Backup and Recovery with Tighter Integration Between NetVault and DR4100 Appliance
- Dell Continues Expansion of Direct Financing Capabilities in Europe
- Dell Introduces New Line of Tablets and Updated XPS Laptops: Create, Share and Access Content from Virtually Anywhere
- Dell SecureWorks Ranked No. 1 Managed Security Services Provider to Watch