Driven by the need to realize greater efficiencies within their environment, enterprises are increasingly leveraging virtualized platforms to host their applications. However, the IT decision makers continue to be hesitant about utilizing the same infrastructure to host mission-critical applications because of concerns stemming from reliability and performance. These concerns can now finally be put to rest with the release of vStart 1000.
Available July 2012, the vStart 1000 is a pre-engineered virtualization platform that expedites the deployment of mission-critical applications while providing a rapid, low-risk path to Private Clouds. Leveraging proven, best-of-breed components – including Dell Compellent SAN storage, Dell Force10 10Gb networking and Dell’s 12th generation PowerEdge blade servers – the vStart 1000 delivers top-notch performance, and, with built in redundancies, also addresses single point of failure concerns. Included cloud management software, VIS Creator, allows customers to drive IT efficiencies through advanced private cloud capabilities including Infrastructure as a Service, Chargeback/Showback, VM sprawl control, etc.
The latest and the most scaled offering within Dell’s award-winning vStart solution line, vStart 1000 supports the leading virtualization platforms – Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere – and includes initial deployment services and IT support services from Dell. As with all vStarts, vStart 1000 delivers on the three core value tenets – it provides rapid time-to-value, drives efficiency and lowers risk, and provides future-proof scalability to accommodate changing and growing needs.
Accelerate Time-to-Value – Infrastructure that is easy to implement and manage
- Delivering a pre-engineered and tested solution minimizing steps to bring into production
- vStart 1000 has configurations that are designed around either Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware vSphere so you can choose the environment to match your existing expertise and needs
- Up-and-running in days with included deployment services
Drive Efficiency and Lowers Risk – Platform for mission-critical applications
- vStart Solutions are pre-engineered by Dell to deliver scalability, resiliency and performance.
- Included management software from Dell simplifies infrastructure management by using existing skills and cloud management software, VIS Creator helps create and manage private clouds.
- Included with every vStart is Dell Pro-Support Services, providing you with a single point of accountability and the assurance that you are backed by a world-class support organization.
Provide Future-Proof Scalability – Accommodates your growing and changing needs
- Designed to expand with your growing needs, vStart 1000 can scale by adding capacity to existing vStart racks and by adding additional vStart racks of computing or storage.
- vStart 1000 is Microsoft Private Cloud validated providing an excellent platform for organizations seeking to standardize on Microsoft Private Cloud
If you are looking for a platform to host your mission-critical applications or introduce unprecedented agility and efficiency to your environment via private clouds, with vStart 1000, Dell has you covered. Focus on building value for your customers, let Dell help you with the infrastructure. To read more on vStart 1000, go to marketing.dell.com/convergence. To check out our other announcements made at Dell Storage Forum, visit here.
Dell and vStart are also at Microsoft Tech Ed 2012. Come visit the Dell booth #905 or read more about Dell and Microsoft's new and updated solutions online.