Image of Barcelona by Flickr user bastiend
For more than a decade, Dell and SAP have collaborated to deliver hundreds of end-to-end solutions that provide customers with rapid and sustainable business insights and results. 2015 has been an exceptionally exciting year for the Dell/SAP alliance, with several accomplishments under our belt:
- In April, Dell announced the Dell PowerEdge R930 server which earned world record performance for SAP HANA, leading the industry with SAP HANA 1TB and 2TB record benchmarks
- In May, Dell was awarded the SAP HANA Innovation Award in the Analytics Wizard category for our own business use of SAP HANA technology
- In October Dell opened the doors of a new SAP Center of Excellence in Germany, which brings even more Dell team members closer to SAP headquarters, and further strengthens our joint development, engineering and overall collaboration
Today, we’re at SAP TechEd in Barcelona, and we’re looking forward to showcasing some of the most recent innovations we’ve been working on with SAP, like the Dell Engineered Solutions for SAP HANA 3.0 and Dell Edge Gateway 5000 Series.
Dell Updates Engineered Solutions for SAP HANA, version 3.0
The Dell Engineered Solutions for SAP HANA are pre-configured solutions by Dell, certified by SAP and purchased through a simple SKU that includes hardware, software, deployment services and Dell ProSupport. Updated to run on Dell’s most powerful server line, the Dell Engineered Solutions for SAP HANA 3.0 is optimally configured to deliver quicker results and maximize efficiency. With the 3.0 update, this appliance is now based on the Dell PowerEdge R930 server platform, which currently holds the leading BW Enhanced Mixed Load (BW-EML) benchmark for 1 billion and 1 billion record single server test configurations.
Customer benefits of the Dell Engineered Solutions for SAP HANA 3.0 include:
- Higher performance: Updating the appliance to the Dell PowerEdge R930 gives it a 26 percent performance boost over the original version.
- Greater scalability: The Dell PowerEdge R930 provides a solid base for future expansion in a scale out clustered configuration. Scalability is improved from 16 terabytes of total RAM on the previous platform to 24 terabytes on the PowerEdge R930 platform.
- Comprehensive services and support: Dell’s portfolio of SAP services leverages industry best practices to deliver better business outcomes for SAP customers. Dell’s ProSupport and Mission Critical Services provide comprehensive management and support, including 24 x 7 monitoring, ongoing remote health checks, firmware and software upgrades and assistance with problem tracking and resolution.
- More options: The PowerEdge R930 platform, with Intel E7v3 technology, also adds more options to the lineup of single server configurations available for customers to use, providing configurations with 768GB and 1.5TB of RAM for even larger single server analytics and application workloads.
The Dell Engineered Solutions for SAP HANA 3.0 is currently available in North America, EMEA and Latin America.
Bringing the IoT Edge Closer to Business
The recently announced Dell Edge Gateway 5000 Series enables industrial users to monitor and connect a wide variety of sensor and machine data from equipment like batteries and valves to smart analytic systems. Through Dell’s work with SAP, that data can be stored in SAP SQL Anywhere and intelligently streamed then processed in SAP HANA. This allows users in remote sites, like the middle of the ocean for oil and gas companies, to quickly recognize when a piece of equipment is on the brink of malfunctioning before negative business impact occurs. Read more from SAP’s Lorra Moyer here.
For more information on Dell’s SAP offerings, visit us in booth 7.24 at SAP TechEd Barcelona or check out the links below: