I’m excited to share that Dell Services today announced a new solution, Microsoft Dynamics for Manufacturing. This solution combines Microsoft ERP software and Dell infrastructure, services and support to help manufacturers increase efficiency, lower costs, reduce IT footprints and decrease downtime. With this offer, Dell Services provides:
- Multiple software licensing options for Microsoft Dynamics
- Deployment options including on-premise and cloud based solutions
- Infrastructure assessment, design and support services
- Business process re-engineering and organizational change management
- Application configuration and implementation
- Custom application development
- Managed services and ongoing support
Our manufacturing customers will benefit from the best practices Dell learned from implementing Microsoft Dynamics AX in its own manufacturing supply chain in 2010. Dell’s own implementation generated a 75% reduction in factory IT footprint, 50% reduction in server downtime and a 40% decrease in the IT cost of goods.
Now, Dell Services can help customers achieve similar benefits by re-engineering processes, from start to finish, based on lean principles and simplified procedures. With the Microsoft Dynamics for Manufacturing solution, Dell provides guidance and counsel on how to best leverage the product to make the most informed decisions possible, while reaching global alignment and transformation.
Read more about today’s announcement here, and comment below to let us know what you think.