Today, I’m proud to announce the release of SonicOS 5.9 firmware for our 5th Generation TZ, Network Security Appliance (NSA) and E-Class NSA Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs). SonicOS 5.9 brings over 45 new features that span SMB, distributed enterprise and high end deployment requirements. These features significantly enhance the security provided by already deployed Dell SonicWALL NGFWs and expand the networking and high availability capabilities, ensuring effective execution in demanding environments. This release demonstrates Dell’s commitment of providing value to existing customers using firewalls deployed as far back as 2007. SonicOS 5.9 offers cutting-edge threat prevention, intrusion prevention and application control for IPv6 enabled networks. The new features include:
– Enhanced Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Mitigation
– Data Leakage Prevention Enhancements with RFDPI Regular Expressions
– IPv6 Support with Deep Packet Inspection security for IPv6
– Layer 3 Management of SonicPoint wireless access points
– BGP and SNMPv3 support
– Active/Active Clustering support
– Support for Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) deployments
– Wireless functionality enhancements
– Redesigned Command Line Interface (CLI)
– Enhanced Bandwidth Management capabilities
– Enhanced Logging functionality
By consolidating a series of features that provide even greater protection and return on investment to existing deployments, without increasing IT administrator time requirements and downtime, SonicOS 5.9 simplifies the management and implementation of Dell SonicWALL firewalls.
All of the important enhancements of this release are available at no additional cost to customers with valid support contracts for Dell SonicWALL Next-Generation Firewalls or Unified Threat Management appliances. SonicOS 5.9 firmware is available as an Early Availability release on www.mysonicwall.com for customers with a valid support contract.
SonicOS 5.9 is available on the following platforms:
– TZ 100/100W, TZ 105/105W, TZ 200/200W, TZ 210/210W, TZ 215/215W
– NSA 220/220W, NSA 240*, NSA 250M/250MW
– NSA 2400/2400MX, NSA 3500, NSA 4500, NSA 5000
– E-Class NSA E5500, E6500, E7500, E8500, E8510
*SonicOS 5.9 for NSA 240 will be available shortly after the publication of this blog.