Dell Latitude 10 Tablet a device that makes sense of the commercial OEM market
The rise of mobility has been and is having a disruptive impact within corporate end user computing. Bring your own device (BYOD) generation of consumers is also massively contributing to a significant impact on how corporations manage their IT policy, with the backdrop of increased security threats to their network, their applications and most of all their data.
Dell has itself had to consider its own internal IT policies, whilst at the same time creating a mobile strategy for customers that will address the challenges of dealing with and delivering a mobile strategy.
The Dell Latitude 10 Intel Atom tablet has been designed with the Enterprise in mind and therefore targeting the commercial and industry market sector. In order to address the market is has created 3 Latitude variants to enable business to select the appropriate device for appropriate application and user:
- Latitude 10 ‘Essentials’ is for the cost-sensitive budget where basic functionality is required without any security or management risks. (Release planned for February 2013)
- Latitude 10 ‘Standard’ is for customers looking for full tablet functionality along with a swappable battery and Dell factory services for image loading. (Launched 23 October 2012)
- Latitude 10 ‘Security’ is for customer looking for full tablet functionality along with extreme security with Smart card and biometric security built in to ensure a fully FIPS 140 compliant device for the network. (Release planned for February 2013)
On the 23rd of October Dell launched its first device of a family of 3 called Latitude 10 ‘Standard’ based on Microsoft Windows 8 operating system. It is based on the next generation Intel Atom Dual Core processor Z2760 1.8GHz with Intel® Burst Technology, 1.5GHz HFM, 600MHz LFM with fixed memory of 2Gb and options of 32Gb, 64Gb and 128Gb SDD, the device offers standard features that one would expect of a tablet.
How then does the Latitude 10 differentiate itself in what is a very crowded market of devices?
The strategy behind the Latitude 10 is simple and it is based on addressing the commercial mid-market that has for the time being been adopting consumer based tablets without much success. Companies that have done so or who are considering deploying their own solutions on consumer devices stand vulnerable to a host of threats. Top of the list of concerns is without doubt security, quickly followed by management, compliance and a predictable product lifecycle of 15 months from launch.
The Latitude 10 series of devices forms part of an overall mobile ecosystem allowing customers the opportunity to address their requirements with a single supplier making Dell a natural choice for commercial customers looking to deploy controlled managed mobility.
Listed below is a the Latitude 10 ‘Standard’ specifications along with outline of some of the features and services Dell offers:
- 10.1” (1366 X 768) capacitive multi-touch display
- Business rugged with reinforced magnesium alloy frame and Corning® Gorilla® Glass
- Optional docking station for in-office, desktop-like productivity
- Optional Wacom® Active stylus for pinpoint precision
- Range of configurations to meet your productivity and budget needs
- Built for the ultimate Windows 8 touch experience with support for your legacy Windows® applications
- Convenient, swappable battery for all day and all night—productivity
- Full-size USB port and SD memory card reader for easy plug-and-play with external storage, printers and peripherals
- Integrated dual array Mic, front web cam and rear camera for effective collaboration
- Excellent wireless connectivity through Bluetooth, WiFi, and optional mobile broadband
- Easy charging on-the-go with micro-USB charging port
- Easily managed just like any other PC in your environment using existing management console or Dell KACE
- Confident security with enabled TPM 1/2, optional smartcard and fingerprint reader*, and Dell Data Protection | Encryption.
- Best-in-class service and support options from a global partner you know and trust
- Award-winning global ProSupport
- Support for desktop virtualization solutions
- Dell Latitude stability, long-lifecycle and managed transitions
Peripherals and Accessories
- An array of specially built peripherals and accessories including a rugged case solution
- Tailored service and support to maximize efficiency
- Save up to 55% on your deployment costs with Dell Deployment services
- Reduce desk-side setup time by up to 88 percent
To learn more of what Dell mobility can do for your business contact Dell OEM Solutions.