If you’re not at the show, be sure to follow us @DellatVmworld on Twitter
The VMworld show is next week at the Moscone Center in San Francisco and we’ve got quite a show planned this year. We’ll be there showing how our virtualization optimized solutions can help customers ‘Get More Virtual,’ meaning faster speed time to deployment for new projects and more value out of existing virtualization investments.
Inside the booth, Dell will be demonstrating solutions for IT consolidation, data protection, disaster recovery, virtual desktops, data deduplication and systems management– All integrated with the latest VMware vSphere 4.0 cloud operating environment.
The lab environment will include the latest vStorage enabled EqualLogic and CX4 offerings with 10GbE along with the virtualization optimized 11G servers for the efficient enterprise. New this year will be a full DR site hosted at the Intel Booth (#1602)to show automated DR failover with vCenter Site Recovery Manager and we’ll also be cooperating with VMware on a technology demonstration in our booth of emerging PCoIP and CVP capabilities based on VMware View on Dell’s OptiPlex clients.
Besides all the latest gear, we will be presenting over 40 technical sessions inside the booth presentation theatre over 3.5 days and our Global Infrastructure Consultants will be staffing the ‘ask-the-experts’ area to whiteboard your solution at the show. And of course, what would a VMworld be without Mini 10 Netbook giveaways every day; it’s a simple as collecting raffle tickets at the Dell Keynote, breakout session and from Dell Reps at the show – the more tickets the better are your chances!
- Dell Keynote Presentation: How to Get Ahead in the Cloud With Your Feet Planted Firmly on the Ground (SS5000)
- Amplify the Economic Benefits of Virtualization (VM5040)
- Data Center Optimization through Virtualization: Compute More, Consume Less (VM5560)
- Advanced Data Protection for Microsoft SQL and Exchange Server in a VMware Environment (BC3387)
- How DELL Uses Virtualization: Paving the Path to Large-scale Distributed Computing (TA3402)
A couple of interesting notes on a few of these breakout sessions.
- SS5000 In the keynote, Praveen Asthana, VP of Storage and Networking, will be discussing how Dell’s efficient enterprise strategy can help you get into the cloud, simply and cost effectively;
- BC3387 is effectively a free hour of data protection consulting from myself and Darren Miller to provide a framework for deploying and protecting your Tier-1 apps in a Virtual Environment. Due the high levels of pre-registrations, VMware has added a second session! Be sure to come by.
In addition, here are a couple of breakout sessions by Dell customers and partners.
- Building a High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solution with VMware (V12226). This session is being delivered by Justin Lauer from Campbell Clinic highlighting how he is was able to build a highly available and resilient virtualized environment with Dell EqualLogic equipment and vSphere 4.0. For more on his implementation, check out our webcast.
- Protecting the Corporate Infrastructure: Leveraging Site Recovery Manager for Multi-Site DR Protection (BC2760). This break-out features Tim Antoniwicz from Mosaic Technologies, a Dell PartnerDirect reseller, and William Perault from Crane & Co. They will discuss their methodology to implementing VMware’s vCenter Site Recovery Manager on Dell server and storage platforms to provide automated disaster recovery for Crane & Co’s data center.
And of course we’ll have a whole slew of virtualization experts on hand to consult with VMworld attendees. In fact, there will be presentations on a variety of topics all day long right in our booth. So please stop by the Dell booth (#1801) and be sure to check your bag insert and show guide for complete details.
And if you can’t make it to the show, our TechCenter has put up a Dell site at the VMworld virtual exhibitor booth so keep tabs on us there. Also be sure to follow @DellatVmworld on Twitter and tune into our YouTube channel for videos directly from the show.