Welcome to the latest edition of the Dell’s “Hi-Five” Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Missing Dell World 2012? No problem – experience it from anywhere! – Direct2Dell, December 7, 2012
Dell World 2012 is ready to hit Austin, December 11-13, but if you can’t make it in person, come join us at Dell World: Live Online. Dell World: Live Online is your one-stop, online opportunity to join the conversations happening at the Austin Convention Center.
DELL CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology > Creating a Better Climate to Assess Environmental Change
Some of the most passionate people about climate change are the scientists doing the research and crunching the data to see just how much all of us are affecting the planet. They want to get to the answers just as quickly as governments, institutions, and businesses, all of which have so much riding on the findings…
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
- BYOD not about devices, says Dell Software CIO – ComputerWorld UK, December 6, 2012
The bring your own device (BYOD) trend impacting the enterprise is about giving workers secure access to the apps and data they need, not about being an expert on all mobile devices. Dell Software CIO Carol Fawcett explains how Dell has responded to IT consumerization by focusing on the needs of the end-user.
- Dell appoints Wipro’s ex co-CEO Suresh Vaswani as president – First Post Business, December 7, 2012
Dell has announced the appointment of Suresh Vaswani as president of Dell Services. Suresh has succeeded Steve Schuckenbrock who announced his intention to seek new opportunities outside Dell.
- Dell Launches New Unit to Provide Social-Media Strategy to Brands – Ad Age, December 4, 2012
As social media becomes an increasingly important tool for customer engagement, businesses need help monitoring social media channels and creating a social media strategy. Dell Services launched a new unit that will help customers with developing a strategy as well as listening, monitoring, managing and generating leads.
- Enterprise Business Momentum and Major Milestones – Inside Enterprise IT, December 3, 2012
As a result of continued emphasis on building end-to-end solutions to address specific customer pain points and workloads, Dell’s Enterprise business continues to resonate with customers and grow.
- Dell's Women's Entrepreneur Network Heads to Turkey? – Entrepreneur, November 30, 2012
Although female entrepreneurs have traditionally been under-represented in business and technology fields, there is increasing evidence that, when given the opportunity, they shine as leaders and even boost the odds of success at venture-backed companies. These issues, along with many others, will be discussed at the next Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network (DWEN) conference in Turkey next year.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell POSTS (December 3rd – December 7th)
- When Nanoseconds matter, Dell delivers with Dell Processor Acceleration Technology
- Dell Expands Children’s Cancer Care Program
- A Strategy for Healthcare Digital Engagement
- Dell Education Challenge Announces Four Finalists
- Customers Demand Dell Over HP for Scalable, Easy-to-Manage Storage Environments
PRESS RELEASES (December 3rd – December 7th)
- Dell SonicWALL’s Popular Interactive ‘Road Test’ Portal Gets a Revamp, Is Now Mobile
- Dell Joins Pecan Street Inc. to Expand Research in Smart Grid Technologies
- Dell Launches Social Media Services, Empowering Organizations to Improve Customer Loyalty, Brand Awareness and Business Results
- Dell Names Suresh Vaswani President of Dell Services
- Dell Board Approves Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Dell Announces Dell World: Live Online – Virtual Access to Dell World 2012