1. This competition (the "Promotion") is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over.
2. The Promotion is not open to employees, officers, and directors of Dell Inc. and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and individuals providing services to Dell through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency and suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of such employee are not eligible. Promotion entries will be void where prohibited or restricted.
3. By entering, all entrants will be deemed to accept these terms and conditions, including the Promoter's Privacy Statement set out below. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
4. Entry Instructions: The Promotion begins on Wednesday, January 13th, 2010 at 10am (GMT) and ends on Wednesday, January 20th, 2010 at 10AM GMT (the "Promotion Period"). There will be one Promotion winner per weekday during the Promotion Period.
- Step 1: Follow @DellUK account on Twitter (http://twitter.com/delluk).
From your Twitter account, tweet the following message without quotation marks
"I just followed @DellUK for a chance to win one of 5 Dell Mini 10
netbooks! More info at: http://bit.ly/DellMini10Comp.
- Step 3: In respect of each day within the Promotion Period (excluding the final day, Wednesday, January 20th), a new question will be added to the Dell Mini10 Promotion blog post on Direct2Dell at 10 AM (GMT), with a link to a relevant Dell.co.uk site page, from which to source the answer. To enter, you must have already completed Steps 1 and 2, then submit your answer by tweeting the following message without quotation marks and substituting [ANSWER] with your response to the question: "Hey @DellUK the answer is [ANSWER]. Find more answers here: http://bit.ly/DellMini10. #DellMini10"
Your response must be posted within 24 hours of the originally posted question, i.e. by 10AM on the following day (the "Closing Date"). One question will be posted on the 'Dell Mini10 Competition' blog post every day along with details of the previous day's winner. All correct answer tweets posted within 24 hours of the question posting will be entered for a chance to win. Dell reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, if an answer is correct and eligible for entry in the draw. Individuals may only win a maximum of one (1) prize.
5. No purchase is necessary.
6. Only one (1) entry per person/Twitter account and per question is permitted.
7. Entries received after the Closing Date with not be processed. Incomplete and/or incorrect entries and entries from third party agents or bulk entries will not be eligible. The Promoter will not be responsible for any entries that are not received by it, [in full, for any reason,] by the Closing Date, whether lost, delayed, corrupted or otherwise, and whether or not due to any technical difficulties or malfunctions.
8. One winner of each daily competition will be drawn at random on January 13th, 2010, January 14th, 2010, January 15th, 2010, January 18th, 2010, and January 19th, 2010, by an independent judge, from all correct entries received by the relevant Closing Date. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The daily draw will take place each day 24 hours (1 PM GMT) after the originally posted question appeared on Direct2Dell, with the final draw occurring on the final day of the Promotion Period at 1 PM. The Promoter reserves the right to delay the timing of any daily draw at its discretion.
9. Winners will be notified via Twitter and required to provide an email address and phone number. Dell will endeavour to notify the winner within 7 days of the relevant Promotion draw taking place. To claim the prize, the winner must contact the Promoter and confirm its contact information by close of business on the 7th day following the date of notification to the winner by email. Dell will then contact the winner to arrange delivery of the prize.
10. If the winner fails to contact the Promoter as set out in paragraph 9, the email sent to the winner is returned as undeliverable or the winner declines the prize, the winner will be disqualified and a new winner will be drawn at random in the same manner and notified as set out in paragraph 9 above.
11. Daily prize is one (1) Dell Inspiron Mini 10 netbook to be won each day of the contest period (five (5) netbooks total for the duration of the contest period), estimated retail value of £299 (subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the consumer marketplace). The Promoter will deliver the prize to any UK or Republic of Ireland location, but the winner will be responsible for any installation and implementation of the hardware included in the prize.
12. Details of the winners will be available as soon as reasonably practicable after the Closing Date by sending a written request, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to AxiCom, Cohn & Wolfe, Axicom Court, 67 Barnes High Street, London, SW13 9LE. [Operating on behalf of Dell Corporation Limited for the purposes of this Promotion]
13. There is no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to (a) award an alternative prize of equal or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this competition on reasonable notice. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Dell Mini10 Competition or to be acting in violation of these Promotion terms or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
15. Promoter: Dell Corporation Limited, Dell House, The Boulevard, Cain Road, Bracknell, RG12 1LF, [operating for the purposes of this Promotion through AxiCom, Cohn & Wolfe, Axicom Court, 67 Barnes High Street, London, SW13 9LE.]
16. Privacy: By following @DellUK on Twitter to enter the competition you are opting to receive Dell marketing communications, but can opt out at any time by removing the @DellUK account from your follow list. See www.dell.co.uk/privacy for more information. The Promoter respects winners' privacy and is committed to collect, store or use personal data only for the purposes of this contest, in line with applicable data protection laws and in accordance with its stated Privacy Practices. The Promoter will not share or sell any personal information provided by means of this Promotion but may transfer entrants' personal information to Dell affiliated companies outside the European Economic Area (EEA) such as Dell Inc. in the United States of America. The information provided to the Promoter will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose of processing entry to the Promotion.