With unique systems management capabilities, Dell Precision workstations, Latitude laptops and OptiPlex desktops are the most manageable systems in the industry. And, today we are proud to extend these leading-edge features to the Windows 8 operating system with the release of Dell Client Integration Pack 3.1 for Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 SP1.
Touch is becoming a reality in enterprise, and this new plug-in helps customers seamlessly manage touch devices by enabling remote deployment of Windows 8 operating system (OS). Customers no longer have to “hand-install” the OS, but rather easily and automatically deploy using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 console for Dell systems. New and existing features allow customers to:
- Save time and decrease costs with automation capabilities that only Dell can deliver, enabling IT administrators to get more done with less man hours and effort
- Remotely manage offline systems one-to-many with Dell’s unique Intel vPro extensions for remote BIOS management, battery management and remote hard drive wipe
- Get better management than the competition with the ability to import drivers for initial deployments in 77 percent fewer steps; import WinPE drivers in 55 percent fewer steps and create task sequences in 46 percent fewer steps than Lenovo or HP.
- Better manage touch devices that are making their way into the enterprise, especially when it comes to face-to-face interaction with customers, enhanced learning, improved patient care and collaboration among knowledge workers in the organization
- Update and keep systems as secure as possible and get deep insights into systems, components and warranties.
Customers are wrapping up the evaluation and testing of touch systems with Windows 8 and now have the capability to seamlessly deploy and manage the OS on Dell’s portfolio of commercial systems, including:
- OptiPlex 9010 touch-enabled All-in-One and most Dell Precision and OptiPlex desktops with a touch screen monitor have all the tools mentioned above (including Dell-exclusive vPro extensions) that extend the industry’s most manageable vPro-enabled systems to Windows 8.
- XPS 12, which offers both a powerful Ultrabook™ and tablet in one device, is easily deployed with Driver CAB files that enable remote system deployment in one easy step
- Latitude 10 is easily deployed with Driver CAB Files and manageable for corporate environments, so it easily and securely snaps into your business environment while delivering go-anywhere productivity to mobile professionals.
We’re constantly searching for ways to take the “how” out of our customers’ thought process when it comes to their IT – and I believe we’ve done that here. By helping to streamline or automate the systems management of our Windows 8 solutions, we’re helping our customers focus on what they need to – growing their bottom line.
DCIP 3.1 is available today as beta and we expect to release the final on APRIL 30th to try DCIP 3.1, visit the Dell TechCenter.